Interesting recap of Altman hiring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Interesting recap of Altman hiring

Post by pdxduck »

Thank you Lon Kruger.

But when Kilkenny tried and failed to pry Lon Kruger, then at UNLV, out of Las Vegas, he got an unsolicited suggestion and recommendation. Have you thought about Dana Altman? Altman had been Kruger’s protégé at Kansas State. They remained close — and had similar personalities and styles.

“He’s as good a coach as there is in the country,” Kruger told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday, “and an outstanding person and family, and principled — all those things you’d hope people are looking for in a coach.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /99740336/
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Interesting recap of Altman hiring

Post by duckfan22 »

pdxduck wrote:Thank you Lon Kruger.

But when Kilkenny tried and failed to pry Lon Kruger, then at UNLV, out of Las Vegas, he got an unsolicited suggestion and recommendation. Have you thought about Dana Altman? Altman had been Kruger’s protégé at Kansas State. They remained close — and had similar personalities and styles.

“He’s as good a coach as there is in the country,” Kruger told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday, “and an outstanding person and family, and principled — all those things you’d hope people are looking for in a coach.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /99740336/
And he was right....A great hire.....
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I was thinking about few and Altman this weekend and how it worked out so well for everyone. I think that both are top 10 coaches and I'm so happy we got Dana. Had we gotten few I think we would have gotten more blue Chip high schoolers as opposed to JC transfers like we had to build with Altman but I believe that the ceiling just might be higher with Altman. He had been so incredibly successful his whole career and just now is getting top recruits.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Good read. So glad we got Dana. Outstanding coach, role model, and recruiter.

I've heard that DA helped fund a club at UO that aims to increase equity. He did it anonymously.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

One of things i like the most is he puts everything on his shoulders. If team does not play
well he takes the blame. He is all about his players. He makes no excuses and gets them ready
for the next game. And his style of play is different then most. Hard to prepare for. And so much fun
to watch.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

equity or equality ?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:equity or equality ?
Equity.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The thing I enjoy most and what stood out from that first season is the growth of all of the players. Guys get better each season from his coaching and not just from their own gym time. Of course it also feels like each successive season sees the team get better too!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Duck07 wrote:The thing I enjoy most and what stood out from that first season is the growth of all of the players. Guys get better each season from his coaching and not just from their own gym time. Of course it also feels like each successive season sees the team get better too!
yup. The biggest transformation to me is Jordan Bell. And he hasnt even hit the ceiling yet. If he
ever gets that mid range jump shot down there will be no way of stopping him...
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

But according to Clownzano in January of 2015, Altman should have been fired "months ago." Clownzano goes on to say...
I have no confidence in Oregon's basketball coach. I don't think the Ducks can fix this as long as Altman is the coach. I think every game that he's on the bench is one step further into the muck.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gogreen55 wrote:But according to Clownzano in January of 2015, Altman should have been fired "months ago." Clownzano goes on to say...
I have no confidence in Oregon's basketball coach. I don't think the Ducks can fix this as long as Altman is the coach. I think every game that he's on the bench is one step further into the muck.
:lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13