Should Altman sub more??

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Should Altman sub more??

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

My uneducated observation is that the team was gassed near the end of the Kansas game. It seemed like in general they were playing harder and exerting more effort - especially on the defensive end. Assuming the effort level is the same, do you think Altman should sub more to keep the starters fresh at the end of the game or is having the best guys at less than 100% still preferable to the bench?
justducky0
Senior

Re: Should Altman sub more??

Post by justducky0 »

no.

There are 2 games left, you run your best players hard.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

The team fell apart without Bell, Brooks and Dorsey on the court. Only way you play them more is if one of the regular rotation guys (Benson, Smith or Bigby-Williams) get hot and are actual assets on the court.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

two games left the starters are not going to want to go out regardless. And everything is situational. Smith can
give minutes and Bigby can also and of course Benson can spell. Hopefully we get the Benson that hits threes.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

justducky0 wrote:no.

I agree, but I think bigby will get 15+ minutes against UNC. Bell may get into foul trouble dealing with their bigs and we may not be able to stop them unless bigby and bell are in. Altman is amazing and I trust him to have a great game plan to defend, but sometimes that's not enough. I hope bigby doesn't play that many, it might mean we're struggling.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

duxforlyfe wrote:
justducky0 wrote:no.

I agree, but I think bigby will get 15+ minutes against UNC. Bell may get into foul trouble dealing with their bigs and we may not be able to stop them unless bigby and bell are in. Altman is amazing and I trust him to have a great game plan to defend, but sometimes that's not enough. I hope bigby doesn't play that many, it might mean we're struggling.
Roy Williams is a good coach he's going to attack the inside and see if he can get Bell and Brooks
into foul trouble. Hopefully we stay out of trouble
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sure, KBW is likely to play more but I'd guess maybe an extra four minutes is all. Oregon needs to keep doing what it's been doing all season long. Stay small and fast against what is going to be a slow, plodding team with a hobbled PG. Villanova didn't try to go big against them last year and neither should we. Out run them and create easy buckets in transition. Force them to hit outside shots and they will be tinkering their line-up more than we will be.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I can almost promise you he will be subbing more than he'd like to against NC because of fouls.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I can almost promise you he will be subbing more than he'd like to against NC because of fouls.
Everyone keeps saying this like it's a fact. UNC tries to force it inside and they may find themselves in a big hole from transition buckets the other way or hoisting bad shots as the clock runs out.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Plus, Bell is a very smart defender. Very rarely in foul trouble.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I can almost promise you he will be subbing more than he'd like to against NC because of fouls.
Everyone keeps saying this like it's a fact. UNC tries to force it inside and they may find themselves in a big hole from transition buckets the other way or hoisting bad shots as the clock runs out.
Brooks is in foul trouble every other game. And Bell is going to have his biggest test of the year because he doesn't have Boucher and UNC has some size. I think it's a very reasonable prediction.

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Oregon comes out hot and builds a lead...UNc won't be able to do the slowdown .oregon utilzes its speed and get unc in foul trouble. My story and I'm sticking to it
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

duckfan96 wrote:Oregon comes out hot and builds a lead...UNc won't be able to do the slowdown .oregon utilzes its speed and get unc in foul trouble. My story and I'm sticking to it
And who am i to argue... stick to your guns.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sorkin drops 20.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM