All Time Oregon basketball teams

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: All Time Oregon basketball teams

Post by Phenom »

How are you ranking them? Talent? What they did in the NFL?

I personally rank them for what they did at Oregon.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

duckfan22 wrote:I have seen every qb from Fouts to present..here is how i would rank them.. this isnt done
in any scientific way. I kinda look at who was more valuable to the team they were on.
1. Mariota No contest
2. Dixon
3. Akili great talent...but a head case at least in college
4. Joey and Adams tie
5.Thomas
6. Musgrave not the most gifted but a very smart qb.
7. Chris Miller... very adequate passer
8. Fouts
9. Reggie Ogburn great option qb
10. Clemens put him at tenth as i over looked him...should be a few spots higher

and these are my own personal rankings....
Dixon had 8 good games and 3 horrible seasons before that.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

same could be said for freddie jones and aaron brooks, to segue back to hoops.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

oregontrack wrote:same could be said for freddie jones and aaron brooks, to segue back to hoops.
That's why Joe Young should be above Freddie. ;)
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

oregontrack wrote:same could be said for freddie jones and aaron brooks, to segue back to hoops.
Oh you mean when as a sophomore and he avg just under 15 a game? Or was he having a bad year as a Jr at 11ppg and 4.5 apg? AB was solid for 3 years, it wasn't his fault the rest of the team took awhile to catch up.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i took the same liberties with AB's first three years you took with dixon. AB had his moments as an underclassman. he played much better his sophomore year than he did his junior. he slumped badly his junior year. he shot terribly and single handily lost several games late with back breaking turnovers. he had a great, great senior season, but he was a giant question mark going into that season because he no-showed the year prior so badly.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Either way if Dixon is our 2nd best qb ever, our qb history is a lot worse than I thought it was.

My list

Marcus, Fouts, Akili (if he had chip, he would have been 4000 and 1000 club), Joey, DT, Musgrave, KC, Dixon, Adams, Van Broklin
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

First Team
Pg Terrell Brandon
Sg Dillon Brooks (or J.Young)-this one's tough
Sf Luke Jackson
Pf Greg Ballard
C Stan Love

Most of these aren't close. I think D.Brooks would more appropriately play at sg so I listed him there. If you don't accept him as a sg then Joe Young is my pick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I never saw those big dudes play, so tough to leave Bell out or not really?
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

buckmarkduck wrote:Either way if Dixon is our 2nd best qb ever, our qb history is a lot worse than I thought it was.

My list

Marcus, Fouts, Akili (if he had chip, he would have been 4000 and 1000 club), Joey, DT, Musgrave, KC, Dixon, Adams, Van Broklin
Chris Miller not in there anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Either way if Dixon is our 2nd best qb ever, our qb history is a lot worse than I thought it was.

My list

Chris Miller not in there anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or the NFL #1 draft pick, All American George Shaw?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

My list

pretty sure the guy who put dixon second is basing it on how well all those guys played at the height of their success, not a cumulative effort of their careers. kind of like how you rank vernon adams, who played in about 8 games, ahead of norm van brocklin, a multi-year starter and all american who finished 6th in heisman voting his junior year before declaring for the nfl draft. it's all relative.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

when i put Dixon #2 which may be to high it was only based on what i saw at his best.
He had that it factor that is rarely seen unless your last name is Mariota. I guess my list
is more of a favorite list vs the best. I think Marcus is the best weve seen. His all around game
and him as a person are above the rest. After him its all conjecture. To many varibles and no one
will agree. We all have our ideas.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

This isn't the best at every position, more a mix of my favorite players and what I think would make for the best team.

PG: Luke Ridnour
SG: Elgin Cook
SF: Luke Jackson
PF: Arselan Kazemi
C: Jordan Bell
6th Man: Dillon Brooks

Luke and Luke are the untouchables in my Oregon basketball world. I was 10 years old when those guys arrived at Oregon I fell in love. Cook is one of my favorite players and one of the most underrated, IMO. He brings an ability to defend on the wing that the Luke's lacked. Kazemi is the most skilled rebounder that I've ever seen at UO and Bell, well we know what he brings. I would want Brooks on the team; so much of what made him great is his ferocity and toughness, and the way it rubbed off on his teammates. What he lacked in ability he more than made up for in mentality. He was, IMO, the catalyst for the 3 year run we just had.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Not enough shooters with Bell and Kazemi clogging up the paint.