Now that Bell is official, will the pieces fall in place?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Now that Bell is official, will the pieces fall in place

Post by greenyellow »

I think Oregon only gets Cam Johnson if Adkins returns to Arizona. If not, I believe Johnson will likely go to Arizona due to playing time being available and his connection to Sean Miller (Johnson's dad played with Miller at Pittsburgh back in the 80s.)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

northbeachsf wrote:Looks like things are finally falling into place:

Returning (6): Pritch, Smith, White, Cage, Sorkin, and Bigby (maybe)
Incoming (5): T. Brown, E. Brown, Bailey, Kigab, Wooten

That leaves 2 spots left with Bowen and Johnson still in play.
However, Altman said he intends to hold over 1-2 spots to 2018.
We are gonna be really dependent on Cage and White down low. Our interior defense is going to take a hit. Otherwise, that's a competitive roster. Too bad Norris isn't a 2017 recruit!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Agree. We are going to take a hit early, just based on lack of experience and a drop off in defense. I would expect a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Pac-12, as AZ, UCLA, and USC are all loaded next season. It will take a little while to get comfortable, but by March, Altman will have them playing well and in the tournament again.

UOducksTK1 wrote:

We are gonna be really dependent on Cage and White down low. Our interior defense is going to take a hit. Otherwise, that's a competitive roster. Too bad Norris isn't a 2017 recruit!
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

northbeachsf wrote:Agree. We are going to take a hit early, just based on lack of experience and a drop off in defense. I would expect a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Pac-12, as AZ, UCLA, and USC are all loaded next season. It will take a little while to get comfortable, but by March, Altman will have them playing well and in the tournament again.
Altman is one of the very best at building a team and getting them to peak together in March. Super glad he's our coach.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

northbeachsf wrote:Agree. We are going to take a hit early, just based on lack of experience and a drop off in defense. I would expect a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Pac-12, as AZ, UCLA, and USC are all loaded next season. It will take a little while to get comfortable, but by March, Altman will have them playing well and in the tournament again.

UOducksTK1 wrote:

If you expect a 3rd or 4th in the Pac, get ready for 1st or 2nd happening....The only time Altman has not exceeded expectations was last year, and it pretty hard to exceed the Final Four...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think Cage gets the start over White if KBW doesn't come back. He was supposedly the best rebounder on the team this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:I think Cage gets the start over White if KBW doesn't come back. He was supposedly the best rebounder on the team this year.
I do too, as long as he's healthy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

White is not really a post player since although he's 6'8" or 6'9", his game is more like a wing player. I think others have said he's like a mix of Dillon Brooks and Mike Moser. I could easily see a starting lineup of Pritchard, Brown, Brown Jr., White, and Cage.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:White is not really a post player since although he's 6'8" or 6'9", his game is more like a wing player. I think others have said he's like a mix of Dillon Brooks and Mike Moser. I could easily see a starting lineup of Pritchard, Brown, Brown Jr., White, and Cage.
Agreed. But if Bowen or Johnson end up coming here, I think they start in place of White.