Now that Bell is official, will the pieces fall in place?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Now that Bell is official, will the pieces fall in place

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I think we have an outside shot at Brian Bowen, too. Seems like the other top programs that he's looking at, MSU and Arizona, wouldn't have room for him to be a primary scoring option, which is apparently what he's after. Don't know if we do either now that we have Elijah Brown, but there's been a little chatter about Altman getting in the game late with Bowen's recruitment.

Probably a better shot at Tucker or Johnson, but who knows.
I saw something where Bowens mom shot down anything to do with Oregon. That was a couple weeks ago though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We're not pursing any grad transfer big-men?
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Phenom wrote:We're not pursing any grad transfer big-men?
Not from anything I've seen. I can't think of any grad transfer bigs that are any good. We need Shittu.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I'm sure they are. I read that Chase Jeter was interested in Oregon but of course, he would have to sit out a year. 247 reported of a "silent commit" but I believe that was a crock. My guess is that Altman will try to recruit who he can and persuade KBW to stay. But don't expect another McCoy to appear out of nowhere.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

mattc94 wrote:
I'm sure they are. I read that Chase Jeter was interested in Oregon but of course, he would have to sit out a year. 247 reported of a "silent commit" but I believe that was a crock. My guess is that Altman will try to recruit who he can and persuade KBW to stay. But don't expect another McCoy to appear out of nowhere.
Jeter isn't a grad transfer. Depending on when you read about the silent commit, it could have been wooten jr. People believed he was silent for a little bit. There's no five star big men that were in on so there definitely isn't a McCoy, unless Shittu reclassifies. Which he is better than McCoy in my opinion, much more athletic.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
Jeter isn't a grad transfer. Depending on when you read about the silent commit, it could have been wooten jr. People believed he was silent for a little bit. There's no five star big men that were in on so there definitely isn't a McCoy, unless Shittu reclassifies. Which he is better than McCoy in my opinion, much more athletic.
I don't believe any of the crap on 247. At least not since Jhop left. And if we are going up against Calipari and Miller for Shittu, he won't be coming here.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

mattc94 wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
I don't believe any of the crap on 247. At least not since Jhop left. And if we are going up against Calipari and Miller for Shittu, he won't be coming here.
Matt is actually pretty reliable with basketball stuff. I don't like how they've made pretty much every thread VIP though. Even the ones that their members make and are open for everyone. It's his business though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

So Cameron Johnson is visiting next week and apparently we're still in it for Brian Bowen.

UK was leading for Johnson but they just got an unexpected commitment from 5* F Kevin Knox.

They now have something crazy like 6 5*s in this class lol
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Kentucky is the favorite for Bomba too.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Kentucky's class is absolutely absurd, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

They have six 5*'s, and one dude who is ranked 28th in the country, so just off being a 5 star. They're also likely to sign another 5*, the #2 player in the class. If he does, that'll mean they have the following commits: #2 ranked player, #9 ranked player, #10 ranked player, #11 ranked player, #14 ranked player, #17 ranked player, #23 ranked player, #28 ranked player, and the 69th ranked player. They'd have 7 of the top 25 players in this class. Unreal.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Ducks10 wrote:Kentucky's class is absolutely absurd, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

They have six 5*'s, and one dude who is ranked 28th in the country, so just off being a 5 star. They're also likely to sign another 5*, the #2 player in the class. If he does, that'll mean they have the following commits: #2 ranked player, #9 ranked player, #10 ranked player, #11 ranked player, #14 ranked player, #17 ranked player, #23 ranked player, #28 ranked player, and the 69th ranked player. They'd have 7 of the top 25 players in this class. Unreal.
It's not even a team it's just an NBA finishing school. I agree with Mark Cuban. There should be a developmental league that's an alternative to college. The ability to produce pro talent is always going to be the deciding factor in choosing schools. And the way Calipari uses ESPN, I mean a documentary WHILE YOU ARE STILL COACHING..... I tell you one thing, he's a hell of a salesman but I wouldn't buy a car from him.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

mattc94 wrote:
Ducks10 wrote:Kentucky's class is absolutely absurd, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

It's not even a team it's just an NBA finishing school. I agree with Mark Cuban. There should be a developmental league that's an alternative to college. The ability to produce pro talent is always going to be the deciding factor in choosing schools. And the way Calipari uses ESPN, I mean a documentary WHILE YOU ARE STILL COACHING..... I tell you one thing, he's a hell of a salesman but I wouldn't buy a car from him.
He's put a ton of talent in the league. That cannot be disputed.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Looks like things are finally falling into place:

Returning (6): Pritch, Smith, White, Cage, Sorkin, and Bigby (maybe)
Incoming (5): T. Brown, E. Brown, Bailey, Kigab, Wooten

That leaves 2 spots left with Bowen and Johnson still in play.
However, Altman said he intends to hold over 1-2 spots to 2018.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

That is actually a pretty loaded roster.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

I think we get one of Bowen or Johnson and then that'll wrap up our class.