Bigby-Williams seeks transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Bigby-Williams seeks transfer

Post by HomeSickDuck »

According to Jhop he has requested a transfer.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Bigby-Williams seeks transfer

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What is going on?! I won't even recognize next year's team, this is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ouch. Desperately need big bodies.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:What is going on?! I won't even recognize next year's team, this is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rumor was he was going to unless he was redshirted next year. So to me, this doesn't really sting at all. Either way he wasn't going to play next year and I was not impressed with him at all in the minutes he got last year. I don't think one redshirt year would have made him that much better. An opportunity to bring in a better player IMO. Hopefully shittu re classes and we can get him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Down to 5 players who were around the program last season. Next season is going to rival the 2014-15 season's rebuild effort. That team at least had Young and Abdul-Bassit for SR leadership so next year's team is going to have to grow up fast.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I'm not too worried. Dana has been known to bring teams together through Freshman recruiting classes and transfers. I think we'll be fine next year especially if we land a couple extra recruits in this class.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

DmoneyDuck wrote:I'm not too worried. Dana has been known to bring teams together through Freshman recruiting classes and transfers. I think we'll be fine next year especially if we land a couple extra recruits in this class.
At the end of day this quote says it all... I'm not going to panic... a lot of time between now
and next season to get some guys in here. Lots of playing time is open for the taking.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duckfan22 wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:I'm not too worried. Dana has been known to bring teams together through Freshman recruiting classes and transfers. I think we'll be fine next year especially if we land a couple extra recruits in this class.
At the end of day this quote says it all... I'm not going to panic... a lot of time between now
and next season to get some guys in here. Lots of playing time is open for the taking.

I'll third this one. Altman's teams have all come together and improved as the season has gone along, the key has seemed to have been how quickly the players accept their roles and pick up the system defensively.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

If this is indeed happening, it is depressing. Yes, I agree that Altman has shown the ability to do amazing things with new players, but I'd sure like more familiarity with the team I'm following next season. If it's true that B-W was "demanding" a redshirt next year, then I suppose with all the players leaving that made it all the less likely that could happen. Going to be very interesting.

So we have until May 17 (http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/) to sign whomever we can sign for the 2017-18 season, then? . . .
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

No, they're not bound by that deadline since it only pertains to LOIs. Anybody who commits and/or signs after that will likely just sign a financial aid agreement, which is essentially the same as an LOI but doesn't completely lock in a student-athlete to one school until they show up.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

If KBW demanded "redshirt me or I transfer" why would Altman not agree to accommodate the player? He certainly isn't short of scholies and he won't have the player next year either way. I have to believe there is another reason.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

maxduck wrote:If KBW demanded "redshirt me or I transfer" why would Altman not agree to accommodate the player? He certainly isn't short of scholies and he won't have the player next year either way. I have to believe there is another reason.
Maybe, who knows just passing along what I've read from a couple different sources. A player should not demand anything, they should do what's best for the team. And maybe Altman thought that bigby playing next season was better for the team. Doesn't matter now though, next man up.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
maxduck wrote:If KBW demanded "redshirt me or I transfer" why would Altman not agree to accommodate the player? He certainly isn't short of scholies and he won't have the player next year either way. I have to believe there is another reason.
Maybe, who knows just passing along what I've read from a couple different sources. A player should not demand anything, they should do what's best for the team. And maybe Altman thought that bigby playing next season was better for the team. Doesn't matter now though, next man up.
As big a duck fan as I am, I completely disagree with this. The player needs to do what is best long term for his development. The situation needs to be mutually advantageous. If it isn't, you move down the road. The funny thing here is that he was bound to get a ton of playing time next season...that's not a help in development?

The ducks are probably a couple of years out from being a great team again. Hopefully they can get another Jordan Bell and start rolling again.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Phalanx wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
As big a duck fan as I am, I completely disagree with this. The player needs to do what is best long term for his development. The situation needs to be mutually advantageous. If it isn't, you move down the road. The funny thing here is that he was bound to get a ton of playing time next season...that's not a help in development?

The ducks are probably a couple of years out from being a great team again. Hopefully they can get another Jordan Bell and start rolling again.
That's exactly what I said, that he would be benificial next season and get the experience, but he wanted to redshirt. That's just pure speculation. But I don't know how you disagree with me then, cause what I was getting at is what is most benificial for both, but the team comes first. As long as what they're demanding is mutually beneficial, not just what's best for them. Any athlete knows that.
Last edited by HomeSickDuck on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Down to 5 players who were around the program last season. Next season is going to rival the 2014-15 season's rebuild effort. That team at least had Young and Abdul-Bassit for SR leadership so next year's team is going to have to grow up fast.
One difference is this class looks to be loaded with freshman who have the ability to step in and play at a high level right away. There's still some pieces that need to fall in our favor, but I'm not too worried like others have said.

It's actually kinda exciting to see a whole bunch of new faces, yet have the hope of still being competitive.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13