Simi Shittu

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: Simi Shittu

Post by justducky0 »

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/5/3/1552 ... basketball

"Probably after the summer I will narrow it down, around August or September,” Shittu said. “I guess (I want to go) where I can play my game, a lot of development, a lot of NBA alumni and a coach that lets his players play.”
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

It does not sound like he is leaning to reclassify and although he is talking to a Kentucky site I don't like the sound of his answers . Leaning Kentucky in that interview perhaps. s***, or should I say Shittu, we could seriously use him this year and next for that matter.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Well after reading that cant give a crystal ball to Oregon for him. Heck, not even a crystal kidney stone. As Hines would say ...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah he won't fit in here, what a shame..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Wonder who they after now?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I am not going to go off what some Kentucky recruiting blog says until Shittu actually reclassifies for this year. Worry about losing him then. We will have a lot of competition for any transfer we try to land. The press was asking Mike Brown the other day why Elijah would pick us over Gonzaga. Any players we add are going to need to be extremely convinced this is the best place for them. Having a couple of Ducks drafted sure would help!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

We'll have 3 ducks drafted. That said Dana hasn't had the guys who the NBA covets. He can't coach Bell to be a legit 6'9 (he's maybe 6'7) he can't coach Brooks to having 3" longer arms, and he can't coach Dorsey into having longer arms either. No coach in America would have gotten any of this guys into the lottery. Kentucky gets guys picked, but the truth is those same guys would have been high picks coming out of HS. It's not like UK is doing something to make them high picks.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

buckmarkduck wrote:We'll have 3 ducks drafted. That said Dana hasn't had the guys who the NBA covets. He can't coach Bell to be a legit 6'9 (he's maybe 6'7) he can't coach Brooks to having 3" longer arms, and he can't coach Dorsey into having longer arms either. No coach in America would have gotten any of this guys into the lottery. Kentucky gets guys picked, but the truth is those same guys would have been high picks coming out of HS. It's not like UK is doing something to make them high picks.
Does Dorsey get drafted? I really don't see that happening Buckmark. But I agree with you about Kentucky, those guys are high draft picks out of high school or wherever they lace up the sneakers for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duckduckgoose wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:We'll have 3 ducks drafted. That said Dana hasn't had the guys who the NBA covets. He can't coach Bell to be a legit 6'9 (he's maybe 6'7) he can't coach Brooks to having 3" longer arms, and he can't coach Dorsey into having longer arms either. No coach in America would have gotten any of this guys into the lottery. Kentucky gets guys picked, but the truth is those same guys would have been high picks coming out of HS. It's not like UK is doing something to make them high picks.
Does Dorsey get drafted? I really don't see that happening Buckmark. But I agree with you about Kentucky, those guys are high draft picks out of high school or wherever they lace up the sneakers for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boucher has a legitimate shot at getting drafted.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Shittu said he will not re-classify to 2017. Very important to try and land Bowen now.