5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index

Lets go, Altman. McCoy chose UNLV, but getting Bowen would make this easily one of the best classes in the country.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: 5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Post by duckduckgoose »

Merganzer wrote:http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index

Lets go, Altman. McCoy chose UNLV, but getting Bowen would make this easily one of the best classes in the country.
Not getting McCoy if we get this guy is a great trade off. Bowen is ready to play, McCoy was a big body with a lot of potential. It would be nice to have a big body in the paint, but playing small ball with Brown and Pritch and Bowen would be fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Here we go...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With McCoy going to UNLV and them going after another wing, I'm beginning to think their plans are to either keep KBW and use the guys they already have or lose KBW and go small for much of the season with only Cage, Sorkin, and Wooten as their post players.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:With McCoy going to UNLV and them going after another wing, I'm beginning to think their plans are to either keep KBW and use the guys they already have or lose KBW and go small for much of the season with only Cage, Sorkin, and Wooten as their post players.
I saw KBW walking around campus with the remaining b-ball players (like 4 lol) during the spring game. I would hope he would stay unless we pick up Shittu or something. That doesn't mean he is staying, though. I saw Rorie doing the same right before he transferred.

Heck, I even saw Jalen Brown that weekend (doesn't look like a football player anymore).
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

I hope KBW stays but I would be surprised if he does. Even if he intends to transfer its not like he is going to sit in his room and mope around waiting for it to go through. I would expect him to hang out with the boys. Apparently he is scheduled to visit several schools.

Also, Shittu has said that he will not be reclassifying and will stay in the 2018 class. Per an ESPN interview.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

KBW was thinking we were going to land McCoy and possibly Shittu when he made that decision. We didn't get either. There should be tons of minutes for him next season. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he decided to stay now.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

northbeachsf wrote:KBW was thinking we were going to land McCoy and possibly Shittu when he made that decision. We didn't get either. There should be tons of minutes for him next season. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he decided to stay now.
I thought the issue was the other way, that he wanted to redshirt and not play?
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

pudgejeff wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:KBW was thinking we were going to land McCoy and possibly Shittu when he made that decision. We didn't get either. There should be tons of minutes for him next season. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he decided to stay now.

I think he's saying KBW wanted to redshirt because he thought we were bringing in a couple bigs that would cut into his minutes.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

alabamaduck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

I think he's saying KBW wanted to redshirt because he thought we were bringing in a couple bigs that would cut into his minutes.
I don't believe that was the case though. I'm pretty sure it was the KBW wanted to redshirt to work on his game and if they wouldn't do it he would transfer somewhere to sit out the year and work on it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I want KBW. We need that length and shot blocking ability. he can become a pretty solid player. At least be a Waverly Austin. lol
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

KBW is set to visit Wichita St and Baylor
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Back to Bowen.....one key college basketball writers (Andrew Slater) posted on the Duke 247 site that Bowen is down to Oregon and DePaul. He indicated that he thinks DePaul is the likely landing spot because two of his former HS teammates and his HS assistant coach are all there. In addition, Tyger just committed there for 2018 and he is basically Bowen's little brother.

However, if Bowen really believes he is one and done, Oregon still may have a great shot. Tyger is a year behind. Oregon gives him an opportunity to play against better competition and to play on TV every night. Plus the minutes are there for him. I still like our chances!!

I have not seen any updates on timeline for Bowen's decision.

Go Ducks!!! Let's get him!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

northbeachsf wrote:Back to Bowen.....one key college basketball writers (Andrew Slater) posted on the Duke 247 site that Bowen is down to Oregon and DePaul. He indicated that he thinks DePaul is the likely landing spot because two of his former HS teammates and his HS assistant coach are all there. In addition, Tyger just committed there for 2018 and he is basically Bowen's little brother.

However, if Bowen really believes he is one and done, Oregon still may have a great shot. Tyger is a year behind. Oregon gives him an opportunity to play against better competition and to play on TV every night. Plus the minutes are there for him. I still like our chances!!

I have not seen any updates on timeline for Bowen's decision.

Go Ducks!!! Let's get him!!
Yeah I've been hearing DePaul too, but who knows. I didn't even think we would get a visit from him a week ago.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Ya a week ago his mutha said Oregon was not even in the picture... now its oregon or depaul.... recruiting is a fickle bitch haha