5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: 5 * Brian Bowen visiting Oregon

Post by northbeachsf »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Can Johnson also knows Sean Miller so I wouldn't count on us getting him either way; whether it be Kentucky or zona
IMO, Johnson to AZ is a lock if Alkins stays in the NBA draft. If Alkins returns to school, then Oregon may have a shot, but AZ is probably still the leader. I don't see him picking Kentucky at this point, even if he claims he is "still considering them".

I think Oregon lands one of the two. My wild a$$ guess is that Oregon actually lands Tugs and Johnson ends up at AZ.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

We got a couple more CBs today for Bowen. Seems like it really is us vs Depaul and we have a decent shot.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sounds like we only have room for only Johnson or Bowen. Gonna be an interesting next couple days.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer wrote:http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

Deadline is Wednesday.
Not really as he could just sign a financial aid agreement at a later date instead of a LOI.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Yeah...deadline doesn't matter anymore, especially for the top players in a recruiting class. IIRC, Dorsey never signed an LOI with Oregon. He just executed a financial agreement right before school started.

On a side note, it has been REALLY quiet since Thursday. I have not seen anything new on Bowen or Johnson. Hopefully we can grab at least one of the two. Both would be insane.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I keep reading things like "the longer he waits, the better it is for DePaul". I actually think it is the exact opposite. If Bowen wanted to go to DePaul, why didn't he pull the trigger right after the Oregon visit? There is NO reason to wait. At DePaul, all the "chips are in place" with both the players and coaches. He knows exactly what he has and how he is going to fit in there. There is nothing left to change, so why wait if DePaul is the favorite?

He HAS to be looking at the situation with Johnson and Alkins and considering AZ and OR as his first option depending on how the chips fall. The fact that he didn't commit yesterday is a huge indication that this is the case. Once Alkins makes a decision on the 25th, I think Johnson and Bowen will fall into place. Here is my prediction:

1) If Alkins stays in school, Johnson immediately commits to Oregon and that pushes Bowen to DePaul.
2) If Alkins goes to the NBA, Johnson immediately commits to Arizona and Bowen ends up at Oregon.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

northbeachsf wrote:I keep reading things like "the longer he waits, the better it is for DePaul". I actually think it is the exact opposite. If Bowen wanted to go to DePaul, why didn't he pull the trigger right after the Oregon visit? There is NO reason to wait. At DePaul, all the "chips are in place" with both the players and coaches. He knows exactly what he has and how he is going to fit in there. There is nothing left to change, so why wait if DePaul is the favorite?

He HAS to be looking at the situation with Johnson and Alkins and considering AZ and OR as his first option depending on how the chips fall. The fact that he didn't commit yesterday is a huge indication that this is the case. Once Alkins makes a decision on the 25th, I think Johnson and Bowen will fall into place. Here is my prediction:

1) If Alkins stays in school, Johnson immediately commits to Oregon and that pushes Bowen to DePaul.
2) If Alkins goes to the NBA, Johnson immediately commits to Arizona and Bowen ends up at Oregon.

Agree on all counts. Especially on the delay breaking negative for Oregon, and I'm hoping for #2
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I'm okay with both. I think BOwen sees himself as a one and done and I think Johnson stays for two years.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

DePaul insider claims that Bowen's top 2 are AZ and DePaul and he is waiting on Alkins' decision. Johnson is in contact with UNC now, so maybe that is the result? All of a sudden, looking pretty grim for either. Hope I am wrong.

northbeachsf wrote:I keep reading things like "the longer he waits, the better it is for DePaul". I actually think it is the exact opposite. If Bowen wanted to go to DePaul, why didn't he pull the trigger right after the Oregon visit? There is NO reason to wait. At DePaul, all the "chips are in place" with both the players and coaches. He knows exactly what he has and how he is going to fit in there. There is nothing left to change, so why wait if DePaul is the favorite?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If they miss out on Johnson and Bowen and then have KBW leave, I wonder if Altman will be comfortable with only 10 scholarship players on the roster.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I bet if that happens we take a grad transfer.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm surprised that he didn't really look into any JC transfers even when they had that glut of open scholarships after all the Draft declarations.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Or maybe that one SG from LA. What was his name?
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Devante Doutrive. Only has an offer from ASU. I think grades might be a problem.