OT: Arizona getting 2018 commit Akot in early

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

OT: Arizona getting 2018 commit Akot in early

Post by greenyellow »

5* 2018 wing and Arizona commit Emmanuel Akot will now enroll a year early, easily making the Wildcats the prohibitive conference favorite. Oregon now needs Bowen or Johnson to help keep pace with them.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: OT: Arizona getting 2018 commit Akot in early

Post by Ducks10 »

Helps our chances at Johnson and/or Bowen even more.

But yeah, AZ is going to be nasty next year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Arizona's top 10 is just unreal now with Akot, as even their first 5 off the bench could conceivably start at other conference schools. Miller should have no excuse for not making the Final Four or, at least, the Elite Eight. I'd say the biggest challengers to them will be USC (who've returned just about everybody while adding a great recruiting class), UCLA (lost a lot but also bringing in a ton of talent), and Oregon (completely rebuilt but Altman knows what he's doing.) Dark horse will be OSU since they'll have Tinkle, Eubanks, and both the Thompsons but will need some others to step up and hope their stars stay healthy.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

The pac-12 is going to very good this next season.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Wow! Should be a hell of a year in the Pac.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

It is going to be a bloodbath. Hopefully they show how good they are during tournament time. Cal, Stanford, OSU, WSU, UW. Other than those, you can make a case for everyone having a chance at the tournament.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yikes, zona i loaded with talent.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

justducky0 wrote:It is going to be a bloodbath. Hopefully they show how good they are during tournament time. Cal, Stanford, OSU, WSU, UW. Other than those, you can make a case for everyone having a chance at the tournament.
I could probably make a case for Stanford too, as they have an excellent front line and a top 15 recruiting class OSU will be much improved as well. The only real gimmes are probably WSU and UW.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Did UW hire their new coach yet?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux wrote:Did UW hire their new coach yet?
Nearly a couple months ago. They hired some assistant from Syracuse. It's been widely panned by most analysts.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

northbeachsf wrote:
justducky0 wrote:It is going to be a bloodbath. Hopefully they show how good they are during tournament time. Cal, Stanford, OSU, WSU, UW. Other than those, you can make a case for everyone having a chance at the tournament.
I could probably make a case for Stanford too, as they have an excellent front line and a top 15 recruiting class OSU will be much improved as well. The only real gimmes are probably WSU and UW.
Some Pac-12 teams are probably looking at us as a gimme consider how much we lost.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
Some Pac-12 teams are probably looking at us as a gimme consider how much we lost.
The fan bases of the Pac may be looking at us as a gimme, but the coaches aren't.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I may be in the minority , but i think OSU / Tinkle gets way too much hype. I also agree, no coach underestimates Altman. Oregon is going to be right there at the end, we might take some lumps early as the team gels, but is there any coach in the Pac12 that Altman can't outcoach?

Spoiler: I love Altman :)
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

now that mike montgomery is out of the conference, no, there aren't any coaches altman can't out-coach.

osu is really hard to predict. eubanks and tinkle are legitimate pac-12 players, and ethan thompson will be, too. getting tinkle and thompson onto the floor alone will be a huge influx of talent for them. but they'll need mclaughlin or the lesser thompson or someone to step up their game. they don't seem particularly well-rounded, or deep.
ImageImageImageImageImage