Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Bigby-Williams under sexual assault investigation since 2016

Post by Ducks10 »

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Bigby-Williams under sexual assault investigation since

Post by northbeachsf »

Interesting timing on the release of that story, huh??
Also, you would think that someone would be a little more careful about these things after what happened last time.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Interesting timing on the release of that story, huh??
Also, you would think that someone would be a little more careful about these things after what happened last time.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

was the current university president day drinking when he was asked to give a response to this story? what in the world was that?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

oregontrack wrote:was the current university president day drinking when he was asked to give a response to this story? what in the world was that?
Yeah, WTF was that?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

whats wrong with what the president said?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

northbeachsf wrote:Interesting timing on the release of that story, huh??
Be carful pointing out the media may play the release of a story to their benefit. It was recently pointed out to me on the release about sexual abuse by one of the Beavers pitchers the media was simply doing their job. Media grand standing? Nahhhhhh can't happen.

As far as this story, he's gone it will die, but another black eye for Altman, if the girl was assaulted.......oh yea the final four coach.... the story will die.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

justducky0 wrote:whats wrong with what the president said?
“I don’t have any awareness of that,” Schill said. “In any event, I can’t comment on an individual student. What if I was asked by another reporter about you being obnoxious? Would you want me to tell them that?”
https://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/06/21 ... l-assault/

i found it strange that he straight-up attacked one of his own student reporters.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

oregontrack wrote:
“I don’t have any awareness of that,” Schill said. “In any event, I can’t comment on an individual student. What if I was asked by another reporter about you being obnoxious? Would you want me to tell them that?”

i found it strange that he straight-up attacked one of his own student reporters.
I simply thought he meant the reporter was being obnoxiously, possibly not accepting Schill's answer to a question. No harm, no foul.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

A few observations:

1. For an investigation that lasts over a year (this one is now almost two years old), it's pretty unreasonable to expect a kid to sit out and not be allowed to play basketball in the small window he has to make a name for himself in that field. As a society, I think it would be a huge mistake to grant the power to every accuser to totally interrupt a player's career arc.

2. I continue to be amazed at the attitude by some that the media can do no wrong and every behavior they exhibit is acceptable and immune from criticism. I can only assume that most who have this attitude have no personal experience with reporters.

3. I always chuckle a bit whenever I see the name 'Schill' being used for a quote from the U of O.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

well it's not Oregon's problem anymore
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Alan wrote:
oregontrack wrote:

I simply thought he meant the reporter was being obnoxiously, possibly not accepting Schill's answer to a question. No harm, no foul.

i found it quite off-putting coming from the university president, especially since it was directed to one of his students. kind of an asshole move.

buuuuuuuut... i'm not exactly surprised.