Top-20 2018 PF Emmitt Williams has UO in top 7

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: Top-20 2018 PF Emmitt Williams has UO in top 7

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I wonder if the impending Bol and Barrett announcments matter to Williams.

I think Williams might be more of a long term difference maker for the program. He's actually a lot like Bell, but way more advanced offensively. Obviously doesn't have the shot blocking ability that Bell has, but no one does. Bell is a freak with his timing. Williams is just as athletic, if not more athletic, though. He's a freak.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Top-20 2018 PF Emmitt Williams has UO in top 7

Post by Merganzer »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I wonder if the impending Bol and Barrett announcments matter to Williams.

I think Williams might be more of a long term difference maker for the program. He's actually a lot like Bell, but way more advanced offensively. Obviously doesn't have the shot blocking ability that Bell has, but no one does. Bell is a freak with his timing. Williams is just as athletic, if not more athletic, though. He's a freak.
I agree with your Bell-Williams comparison, and hopefully feel that Barrett-Boll decisions have little influence on Williams. If Oregon wants to exist in the upper echelon of basketball, it has to become a place that 1 and done players look at as a destination, like Duke and Kentucky; where that question isn't really even asked.