Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Arrests coming to NCAA BB programs and apparel firm!!

Post by karlhungis »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Pitino was fired.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... jurich-out
Which SEC school will hire him in a year or two?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

OTL just said Kevin loves aau coach was paid 250,000, did we previously know this?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TualatinDuck wrote:OTL just said Kevin loves aau coach was paid 250,000, did we previously know this?
Found a story from 2009 where Love talked about it and how his dad told them off for trying to do such a thing.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/1 ... Coach-Trap
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Sounds like Nike has now received subpoenas.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/statu ... 0134903815[/twitter]
Last edited by EncinitasDuck on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
Likely because of Merl Code's previous employment there. It'll be interesting to see if they find he did anything back then.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
Likely because of Merl Code's previous employment there. It'll be interesting to see if they find he did anything back then.
They gave Nike a day to destroy the most damning of the evidence. :lol:
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Assuming we stay clean (which we're all probably feeling at least semi-worried about), I wonder if we might be in on Anfernee Simons now that he's decommitted from Louisville. Plays with Emmitt Williams at IMG.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I actually think Oregon might be ok, there has not been really any shady BB commits and if you see how the program has risen there has not been any outside of the norm rise in status. Oregon keeps winning so they keep getting better and better recruits. Remember, Bell, Bouche & Brooks were all under the radar ...ish guys. Dorsey was a bluechip but other than that...besides Brown who transferred out Oregon has not gotten those blue chip 5* guys.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

justducky0 wrote:I actually think Oregon might be ok, there has not been really any shady BB commits and if you see how the program has risen there has not been any outside of the norm rise in status. Oregon keeps winning so they keep getting better and better recruits. Remember, Bell, Bouche & Brooks were all under the radar ...ish guys. Dorsey was a bluechip but other than that...besides Brown who transferred out Oregon has not gotten those blue chip 5* guys.
Only other high-profile guy I can think they have is Troy Brown, Jr. but after looking at his recruitment, I doubt he's involved with anything shady. Pritchard had some name-recognition around him coming out of HS but I don't see him or his family as people that'd take or need kickbacks.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I agree that we've slowly worked our way into a position to be able to legitimately challenge for five star recruits, but it definitely is worrying that we've been in on like 10 different five stars this year and have as intimate of a relationship with Nike as you're going to find while this FBI investigation is blowing up. I wouldn't be surprised if we're clean or anything, but you have to be worried.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:
justducky0 wrote:I actually think Oregon might be ok, there has not been really any shady BB commits and if you see how the program has risen there has not been any outside of the norm rise in status. Oregon keeps winning so they keep getting better and better recruits. Remember, Bell, Bouche & Brooks were all under the radar ...ish guys. Dorsey was a bluechip but other than that...besides Brown who transferred out Oregon has not gotten those blue chip 5* guys.
Only other high-profile guy I can think they have is Troy Brown, Jr. but after looking at his recruitment, I doubt he's involved with anything shady. Pritchard had some name-recognition around him coming out of HS but I don't see him or his family as people that'd take or need kickbacks.
Troy Brown's dad was also a super bowl winning WR so I doubt say 20k would be needed in their family or enough to shift his decision.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Troy Brown's dad was also a super bowl winning WR so I doubt say 20k would be needed in their family or enough to shift his decision.
Wrong Troy Brown. The father of the one Altman got was a basketball player at Texas A&M University-Kingsville and lives in Las Vegas. The one you're thinking of still lives in the Boston-area.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bowen seems to be the biggest issue. They have him red handed. He took 100 grand and Addidas had to "outbid" another company for his services. I mean, it really seems like if Oregon is going to get burned here, it will be for being in a bidding war for Bowen.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

TualatinDuck wrote:Finebaum thinks this could spread to football as well.
I've heard this could be the biggest scandal in our lives. If that's true this could be the end as we know it of the NCAA. I bet at this point they are less worried about going after individual schools, and more worried about themselves.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I do wish Mullens would say something, even if it's something like, "We're aware of the FBI investigation into certain basketball programs. I have spoken with Coach Altman about it and I'm confident our basketball program has not been involved in any of the alleged improprieties that have been reported in the media," etc. But maybe the AD feels it's best not to draw extra attention to it.