Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
Finished with 29, 20 in the 4th quarter.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

21 for Dillon on Monday also, twice in the fourth tonight he came down and hit back to back 3s. I think last week Boucher had a 20+ points and 10+ rebound game in G league.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Youch. Looks like Bell sprained his ankle again. This may have been his first game back too? I hope he'll have a speedy recovery.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Boucher made his nba debut playing one minute, shot an air ball from his corner spot and grabbed a defensive rebound. Jordan came back played 18 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Bell needs to sit out a little longer. Rumor has it that he tweeked his ankle a little and did not return in the final quarter. That's the 3rd ankle tweek this year :'(
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

thomas time wrote:Boucher made his nba debut playing one minute, shot an air ball from his corner spot and grabbed a defensive rebound. Jordan came back played 18 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
For Real? He already made the jump up from g-league? Damn....

It will be fun to watch the NBA in years to come with all the Duck players to root for. I'm actually pretty stunned 4 of Oregon's starters from last year are contributing to NBA teams, not 2 years in the future, but right now....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Dillon Brooks had 28 points in a loss to Portland tonight, including this buzzer beater at the end of the 1st quarter.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

him and Dorsey have been playing well lately, Tyler finally getting minutes and scoring in double digits most games. He usually gets 2 or 3 3s a game, had a career 19 points yesterday. They both look to have good future as long as they keep getting 20-30 minutes a game.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

thomas time wrote:him and Dorsey have been playing well lately, Tyler finally getting minutes and scoring in double digits most games. He usually gets 2 or 3 3s a game, had a career 19 points yesterday. They both look to have good future as long as they keep getting 20-30 minutes a game.
They're both on really bad/tanking teams this year though. I hope they continue to see the same minutes in the future though!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Dillon with a career high 36 points in the season finale vs OKC, Westbrook had 20 assists and 19 rebounds to average a triple double for a second season in a row.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

thomas time wrote:Dillon with a career high 36 points in the season finale vs OKC, Westbrook had 20 assists and 19 rebounds to average a triple double for a second season in a row.
Given all the scrub players on the Memphis roster, I've been wondering what Dillon's role on the Grizzlies will look like next year and beyond, if they actually like him, or if he was only in to make the tanking look more legit. He really does seem to have improved on defense, and those moves at Oregon where he barely got the shot off over his defender that I thought wouldn't work in the NBA still seem to work. Anyway, this article was an encouraging sign that he has some fans there:

https://www.memphisflyer.com/BeyondtheA ... ay-forward

a great quote:

"He’s gone from being a really bad defender to more than passable now that he’s adjusted to modern gap schemes as well as the speed of the game. Offensively, he makes moves that almost always work out in his favor even when they shouldn’t. The kid is smooth, and he’s gritty, and he’s exactly the type of young player the city has been looking for."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:
thomas time wrote:Dillon with a career high 36 points in the season finale vs OKC, Westbrook had 20 assists and 19 rebounds to average a triple double for a second season in a row.
Given all the scrub players on the Memphis roster, I've been wondering what Dillon's role on the Grizzlies will look like next year and beyond, if they actually like him, or if he was only in to make the tanking look more legit. He really does seem to have improved on defense, and those moves at Oregon where he barely got the shot off over his defender that I thought wouldn't work in the NBA still seem to work. Anyway, this article was an encouraging sign that he has some fans there:

https://www.memphisflyer.com/BeyondtheA ... ay-forward

a great quote:

"He’s gone from being a really bad defender to more than passable now that he’s adjusted to modern gap schemes as well as the speed of the game. Offensively, he makes moves that almost always work out in his favor even when they shouldn’t. The kid is smooth, and he’s gritty, and he’s exactly the type of young player the city has been looking for."
Well, he definitely made the right choice in leaving early, as did Bell, and Dorsey got some good minutes in at the end of the season. That was a great excerpt about Brooks; very much like what he did at Oregon. He's not a smooth player, like say, DeRozan. But he plays with force, and has a natural leadership quality.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Watched the highlights from Brooks last night, and he looked great. Great way to finish off the year!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I really hope the warriors give Bell a chance - think he could do well here.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

ducks5ever wrote:I really hope the warriors give Bell a chance - think he could do well here.
This is an interesting read about what's going on with him: https://sports.yahoo.com/jordan-bell-ne ... 40749.html