UCLA BB players arrested in China

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Re: UCLA BB players arrested in China

Post by Duckattack7 »

I feel like nothing will come of this but I hope I'm wrong. Teach them a damn lesson!
Return Of the Quack!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Reports out saying they could get 3-10 years in jail depending on value of what was stolen (Louis Vitton isn't cheap stuff). Also, can be kept for 30 days before authorities even decide whether to prosecute. If they have video or found stolen goods in their hotel rooms they are in deep stuff.

https://sports.yahoo.com/liangelo-ball- ... 58780.html
Chances are good that the stuff is fake Chinese knockoffs, so the value might be in the tens of dollars? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duckattack7 wrote:I feel like nothing will come of this but I hope I'm wrong. Teach them a damn lesson!
They will probably be suspended from the Central Arkansas game, possibly the South Carolina State game as well if they REALLY want to send a message.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Reports out saying they could get 3-10 years in jail depending on value of what was stolen (Louis Vitton isn't cheap stuff). Also, can be kept for 30 days before authorities even decide whether to prosecute. If they have video or found stolen goods in their hotel rooms they are in deep stuff.

https://sports.yahoo.com/liangelo-ball- ... 58780.html
Chances are good that the stuff is fake Chinese knockoffs, so the value might be in the tens of dollars? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they stole from an actual Louis Vitton store as reported then its likely its legit merchandise unless the entire store is a knockoff. Which wouldn't surprise me. :shock:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well a quick internet search shows 4 stores in Shanghai with 1 near the Four Seasons. Not sure which hotel they are in but I doubt Mary Pong was the salesperson in this case.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It's all a misunderstanding... Big Baller Brands has a tacit agreement with Louis Vitton sales staff to allow this to take place.

Precedent set in a test case involving Jammies Winston, while at FSPhew... The big mistake was failing to test the theory OVERSEAS.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Unfortunately, they'll probably get no punishment and just a scare and apologize, in order for the local cops to save face.

But in the background, it was a very expensive mistake and a big hole in lavar and UCLA's wallets. haha
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

alxtw wrote:Unfortunately, they'll probably get no punishment and just a scare and apologize, in order for the local cops to save face.

But in the background, it was a very expensive mistake and a big hole in lavar and UCLA's wallets. haha
Unfortunately?
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Taking the “Baller” out of Big Baller Brand. The three Ball kids = BBB is now BB.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I hope they don't have to go to prison in China, they are just kids. Seeing how they have been released on bail I don't think they will. According to the link provided the store they stole from is next door to the hotel they are staying at. So with luck they get to come home with the team and then with more luck UCLA slaps the s*** out of them....which also won't happen.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

IF they actually did this, it was beyond incredibly stupid... Ignoring legalities, or possible consequences such as losing a scholarship, or a potential pro career, it doesn't make sense to do this type of thing pretty much anywhere you are unfamiliar with.

I wouldn't want to get busted in any place that practices caning, branding, whipping, or a country that removes a hand for a first offense, would you?

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Is there any indication if the kids were intoxicated at all? I have a hard time imagining them doing something so stupid without the help of alcohol.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Is there any indication if the kids were intoxicated at all? I have a hard time imagining them doing something so stupid without the help of alcohol.
Not that alcohol is an excuse.

One stupid decision doesn't justify more of the same.

quackfu
One Star Recruit

Post by quackfu »

Duck07 wrote:Well a quick internet search shows 4 stores in Shanghai with 1 near the Four Seasons. Not sure which hotel they are in but I doubt Mary Pong was the salesperson in this case.
Mary Pong, good one :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

woundedknees wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Is there any indication if the kids were intoxicated at all? I have a hard time imagining them doing something so stupid without the help of alcohol.
Not that alcohol is an excuse.

One stupid decision doesn't justify more of the same.
It’s definitely not an excuse, just can’t imagine someone doing something so foolish unless if their judgement was impaired by alcohol.