Barrett to Duke

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: Canada recruiting expert predicts Barrett to Oregon

Post by mattc94 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Like I said in the other thread, I got the feeling it’s be Duke simply because of his high school choice. He chose the best high school. It’s clear he wants to go to the best, and the best also happens to be his dream school. Can’t fault him for going to Duke, great program, great education, and learn from a great coach who has coached the USA Olympic team multiple times. I hate Duke, but can’t fault him.
Once Duke or Kentucky is involved, it's pretty much over. Most coaches view recruiting against those schools have that mindset. To have any other such false hope is folly.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

ill be fine with Bol and Richardson if its Duke for Barrett
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

RJ started following Duke players on his twitter. All signs point to Duke.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

The contrarian in me so badly wants to believe the Duke love is all smokescreen...
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

The key is to get our hopes low enough so that we won't feel bad if he doesn't choose Oregon.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Greenblood wrote:The key is to get our hopes low enough so that we won't feel bad if he doesn't choose Oregon.
Lol exactly what I'm doing! But I actually do think he is going to Duke.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Quick ranting moment, but in this day with basketball, you have to be the top to get the top recruits, not be on the way towards the top. Luckily we have a great coach who will get us there, but today in basketball players just want to join the best teams and play with the best players. The competitive nature in basketball is gone. Players don't want to beat the best or challenge the best, they simply want the easy road. I don't blame top high school players for this, this is what the best NBA players are doing! They're watching players like LeBron James and Kevin Durant take the easy road to championships rather than work hard and earn them and beat the best to get them. When the best NBA players are modeling that, what else do you expect high school players to do? But like I said previously, luckily we have a great coach! It's cool that we're being considered by the best and that shows we're rising, but as Altman continues to improve this program we'll start to get the best. Heck Altman almost won it all last year with 3 and 4 stars and transfers, take away a badly timed ACL injury or a brain lapse by our big guy where he forgot to block out, then we may have won it all and beaten stacked programs with 5 stars everywhere on the way! Altman will get us that national championship, and this program will only get better. Someday we'll be getting these top players!
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Quick ranting moment, but in this day with basketball, you have to be the top to get the top recruits, not be on the way towards the top. Luckily we have a great coach who will get us there, but today in basketball players just want to join the best teams and play with the best players. The competitive nature in basketball is gone. Players don't want to beat the best or challenge the best, they simply want the easy road. I don't blame top high school players for this, this is what the best NBA players are doing! They're watching players like LeBron James and Kevin Durant take the easy road to championships rather than work hard and earn them and beat the best to get them. When the best NBA players are modeling that, what else do you expect high school players to do? But like I said previously, luckily we have a great coach! It's cool that we're being considered by the best and that shows we're rising, but as Altman continues to improve this program we'll start to get the best. Heck Altman almost won it all last year with 3 and 4 stars and transfers, take away a badly timed ACL injury or a brain lapse by our big guy where he forgot to block out, then we may have won it all and beaten stacked programs with 5 stars everywhere on the way! Altman will get us that national championship, and this program will only get better. Someday we'll be getting these top players!
You really can't honestly believe that. This isn't football where there are tons of recruits and coaches like Willy Taggart can make an appeal during a satellite camp or summer trip. This is NCAA Basketball where the prospects are fewer and the rewards are greater to college coaches and shoes companies. Even if money isn't involved.... look at behind the scenes guys like World Wide Wes. They can appeal to these kids and find out what confidant has the athlete's ear in a manner of minutes. Altman can only do so much. It's why Silver wants to do away with the one-and-done rule. And it is why the G league is so important in the coming future. NCAA Basketball is the height of corruption and needs to be taken down a step or two.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seeing on Twitter that his commitment won't be until around 3:14 PM PST so we're going to have to wait a bit.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Sorry my bad. Guess that was too soon.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

greenyellow wrote:Seeing on Twitter that his commitment won't be until around 3:14 PM PST so we're going to have to wait a bit.
Thanks, gy. Now I can pee.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

Oh, gawd! The female announcer just said "Awreegawn". Sorry - pet peeve. Hope Barrett's coming to Eugene.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That's what I'm here for: making sure people can pee without missing breaking news.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Can definitely tell this is a Canadian sports network by how much hockey talk they're doing.