It’s beginning to look a lot...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: It’s beginning to look a lot...

Post by Kyle's Brother »

GrantDuck wrote:Hopefully we can make the NIT and make a run in there...

The issue with this team is the talent is young.

-Elijiah Brown is utter trash.
-Pritchard is a nice player, but he's not ready to carry a team. his defense is mediocre and he needs to develop his mid range game more.
-McKintosh has the basketball IQ of a kumquat. Like, I have not seen a player that dumb since the Ernie era.

VJ Bailey, Troy Brown, and Wooten are our 3 most talented guys, but they are all so up and down.

I like Paul White, but we need to see a little more fire from him.

Kigab is completely lost, but you can see the talent if he can learn from Dana.

Keith Smith isn't a Pac-12 player. No development from year 1 to year 2. Sorkin is not a Pac-12 player.
Agree with everything here except the bit about McIntosh. Not because I disagree about him being a low IQ player, but because I think Elijah Brown is the lowest IQ player we've had under Altman. The guy would rather shoot a 16 foot, falling down, contested jumper with 28 seconds left, than an in rhythm, uncontested three pointer with his feet set. He belongs on a team that can let him do whatever he wants. He kills us with his terrible decisions.

Earlier in this thread I compared him to Porter and said I was hoping for a Devoe Joseph/Joseph Young. At this point I'd be thrilled with an Andre Joseph. Or even a Strowbridge/Calliste. He's definitely the worst transfer Altman has brought in. At least flops like Waverly Austin didn't actively hurt the team.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Just play Pritchard, Brown, Wooten, Bailey and whoever else (Kigab and Smith I guess) might benefit from the time and try and get things set for next year to hit the ground running.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

For the first time Altman's transfer haul failed him. These transfers are terrible and EB is the epitome. Dude's only interest is getting buckets in the most inefficient ways possible. I would kill for guys like Calliste or Carlos Emory on this team.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

frogsnouts wrote:Just play Pritchard, Brown, Wooten, Bailey and whoever else (Kigab and Smith I guess) might benefit from the time and try and get things set for next year to hit the ground running.
Yeah I'd like to see Kigab get more minutes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Well they did play one good game in a row. This is ugly so far...
Last edited by nogerO on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

I have to admit

Post by nogerO »

After the last two games, even though they lost today, I shouldn’t have doubted our tremendous coach. He has this team rounding into shape just like he always does. They will be a factor in the conference race. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

A roller coaster of a long season. Dana is a hell of a coach but the players have to “buy in” to the system and philosophy and I don’t think that’s the case.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Honestly Elijah Brown looks like he doesnt give two poops about Altman/Defense or his system