Post by UOducksTK1 »

forgot a thread.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Re: Texas Southern @ Oregon

Post by nogerO »

Ducks forgot to show up.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon wins 74-68. The Ducks just aren't a very good shooting team, especially with the way they stagnate on offense so often. And of course, they continue fouling like crazy, mainly because they're slow to rotate, aren't the greatest on-ball defenders, and reach too often. I will say that Texas Southern is a much better team than their record shows as they played Gonzaga, Washington State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Kansas, and Clemson in their first 6 games.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon wins 74-68. The Ducks just aren't a very good shooting team, especially with the way they stagnate on offense so often. And of course, they continue fouling like crazy, mainly because they're slow to rotate, aren't the greatest on-ball defenders, and reach too often. I will say that Texas Southern is a much better team than their record shows as they played Gonzaga, Washington State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Kansas, and Clemson in their first 6 games.
Agree with everything. A very uneven game by the Ducks, a hot start to the second half ended up providing the margin for victory. A lot of the stagnation comes I think because the Ducks play a perimeter game, not challenging the defense at the basket, whether it be going to the basket, or actually having a post option. tonight Wooten stood out on both ends of the floor, on offense mainly because he didn't send up 3's. He has the best post game on the team, a nice compact hook shot.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Wooten will be a more complete player than Jordan was by next year...crazy
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BTW, their Derrick Bruce was the former Beaver right? He had a bright future.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon wins 74-68. The Ducks just aren't a very good shooting team, especially with the way they stagnate on offense so often. And of course, they continue fouling like crazy, mainly because they're slow to rotate, aren't the greatest on-ball defenders, and reach too often. I will say that Texas Southern is a much better team than their record shows as they played Gonzaga, Washington State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Kansas, and Clemson in their first 6 games.
It’s pretty hard to defend a 5’7” lightening quick jitterbug. Hence the eight fouls on the two guards that had him much of the night. Held him to 16 points seven under his average. Pritchard played him pretty tough a 45% three point shooter held him to 2 for 9 tonight.
The defense will get better, the shooting was off tonight but they show signs of being a good shooting team. The offense will mesh, I have a lot of faith in Altman’s coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i can't really think of a reason not to swap wooten and mcintosh in the rotation. i'm not entirely sure what we all thought we were getting when we landed mcintosh, but i'm fairly sure this is not it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

#1. Elijah Brown is by far the largest disappointment on this team. I still hope he gets it figured out, but oof, he's struggling. He can NOT have games like last night in conference play for us.

I will make a larger thread at the end of non-conference, but some interesting early #'s.

We are actually defending FG attempts better than last year at this time and shooting the 3 better than last year at this time.

#1 issue at BOTH ends is how often we are getting to the FT line vs. how often our opponents are. We foul more than 300+ teams right now. We get to the line LESS than 200+ teams. Our athletes are TOO good for that to happen. PWhite and Bruiser Mckintosh need to move their damn feet on defense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kenny Wooten and Payton Pritchard post-game:

Dana Altman post-game:
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:#1. Elijah Brown is by far the largest disappointment on this team. I still hope he gets it figured out, but oof, he's struggling. He can NOT have games like last night in conference play for us.

I will make a larger thread at the end of non-conference, but some interesting early #'s.

We are actually defending FG attempts better than last year at this time and shooting the 3 better than last year at this time.

#1 issue at BOTH ends is how often we are getting to the FT line vs. how often our opponents are. We foul more than 300+ teams right now. We get to the line LESS than 200+ teams. Our athletes are TOO good for that to happen. PWhite and Bruiser Mckintosh need to move their damn feet on defense.
I'm hoping that the defense will come together, as Altman's teams have done before, when communication improves. The lack of movement, feet included, could become less of an issue when knowing where to be becomes easier.
On offense the foul situation is easier to explain; the Ducks are "soft" offensively. Far too many passes around the perimeter and setting for iso jump shots, often 3's. The lack of plays going to the basket correlates to lack of free throw attempts. Meanwhile, as the #'s and the eye test shows other teams are attacking the basket and getting fouled.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

greenyellow wrote:Kenny Wooten and Payton Pritchard post-game:

Dana Altman post-game:

Anyone else notice how protective Payton is of Kenny! I love it