Next year's projected lineup (2018-2019)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Next year's projected lineup (2018-2019)

Post by GrantDuck »

I don't think TBrown is a 1 and done kid. MIGHT be, but at this point doesn't seem like it. Obviously players transfer/injuries/etc happen, but potentially...

-Pritchard
-Brown
-Lou King
-Wooten
-Bol

Subs:
Richardson
Bailey Jr.
Kigab/Smith(one probably transfers)
Paul White
Miles Norris

The length in that lineup is absolutely astounding, but we would need Brown to improve his outside shot.

If we needed some more shooting, we could run White/King at the 4 spot and have Wooten be like Boucher was coming off the bench for us last year.

Just insane to think about. Will obviously be our most talented team ever. The only thing is, we tried to run a 2 big lineup with Altman with Bell/Boucher and it didn't work. Which is why I think Wooten might still come off the bench next season(or even Bol? who knows). There's also the crazy possibility that Wooten is a 1 and done if he keeps blowing up like he has. Norris could also play the 4, decent jump shot.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Next year's projected lineup (2018-2019)

Post by Phenom »

Isn't Lou King a pretty good shooter? Agreed that Brown has to stay.

I think Smith and/or Cage leave.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think Troy playing some stretch 4 might be better for him against small lineups actually. He's going to be a 3-4 next level and he's not a Lottery guy right now. I could also see Bailey getting the start at the 2 for his defense and to give the 2nd unit a little more balance. Lot of season to finish to see who makes what improvements to their game.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

GrantDuck wrote:I don't think TBrown is a 1 and done kid. MIGHT be, but at this point doesn't seem like it. Obviously players transfer/injuries/etc happen, but potentially...

-Pritchard
-Brown
-Lou King
-Wooten
-Bol

Subs:
Richardson
Bailey Jr.
Paul White
Miles Norris

The length in that lineup is absolutely astounding, but we would need Brown to improve his outside shot.

If we needed some more shooting, we could run White/King at the 4 spot and have Wooten be like Boucher was coming off the bench for us last year.

Just insane to think about. Will obviously be our most talented team ever. The only thing is, we tried to run a 2 big lineup with Altman with Bell/Boucher and it didn't work. Which is why I think Wooten might still come off the bench next season(or even Bol? who knows). There's also the crazy possibility that Wooten is a 1 and done if he keeps blowing up like he has. Norris could also play the 4, decent jump shot.
I am starting to worry about Wooten becoming one and done. His improvement rate has been significant. If he is always going to be a defensive player, he'll be ready to go at the end of the year. If he shows signs of an expanded offensive game that Altman could help him develop it would improve his odds of staying.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:I don't think TBrown is a 1 and done kid. MIGHT be, but at this point doesn't seem like it. Obviously players transfer/injuries/etc happen, but potentially...

-Pritchard
-Brown
-Lou King
-Wooten
-Bol

Subs:
Richardson
Bailey Jr.
Paul White
Miles Norris

I am starting to worry about Wooten becoming one and done. His improvement rate has been significant. If he is always going to be a defensive player, he'll be ready to go at the end of the year. If he shows signs of an expanded offensive game that Altman could help him develop it would improve his odds of staying.
I was thinking about this but he's still got a lot to develop, including his body. He would be a 4 in the NBA and he's going to have to improve his shot, dribbling, and body in order to be able to compete at that level.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:Isn't Lou King a pretty good shooter? Agreed that Brown has to stay.

I think Smith and/or Cage leave.
Yeah, Lou has a nice stroke. Sometimes freshman struggle with their shooting % though, despite having a nice shot.(See PP last year).
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

is bol's perimeter game as mature as some people are saying? it'd almost have to be if you want to play wooten and bol next to each other. we saw last year that boucher and bell weren't the best tandem, and boucher was a good enough stand-still 3-pt shooter.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

-Pritchard
-Brown
-Lou King
-Wooten
-Bol

Subs:
Richardson
Bailey Jr.
Paul White
Miles Norris

I was thinking about this but he's still got a lot to develop, including his body. He would be a 4 in the NBA and he's going to have to improve his shot, dribbling, and body in order to be able to compete at that level.
Agreed on Wooten. Smith is puzzling so far this season. Last year he was definitely a + when he was on the court, this season, his contribution has been largely negative. Kigab has been active in all of his appearances this season, and for him had extended minutes against Fresno State, and used them well.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

oregontrack wrote:is bol's perimeter game as mature as some people are saying? it'd almost have to be if you want to play wooten and bol next to each other. we saw last year that boucher and bell weren't the best tandem, and boucher was a good enough stand-still 3-pt shooter.
He shot 49% from 3 last year. (High school line).

I'm not sure how developed he is as a passer. We just had crazy turnovers with Bell/Boucher in the lineup extensively.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bol's #1 issue will be work ethic. Go watch his highlights and how much he's standing around.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Bol's #1 issue will be work ethic. Go watch his highlights and how much he's standing around.
Under Altman if Bol goes out and just stands around he wont be
out there. He will watch from the bench.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfan22 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Bol's #1 issue will be work ethic. Go watch his highlights and how much he's standing around.
Which is why I think he'll be a huge asset for us and I'm not worried about his game much.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Which is why I think he'll be a huge asset for us and I'm not worried about his game much.
totally agree. I'm sure he's been told how hard they work.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Speed of play will be tough on him if he doesn’t put up a big effort in preparation.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

For those worried about Wooten leaving after a year, remember how much talent is out there. His potential is off the charts, but his size isn't great and he's strictly a back to the basket player right now. He'd drown in the NBA. Jordan bell was about 3 times a wide as a freshman and still took 3 years to develop into an NBA role player. We've got Woot for AT LEAST one more year.