Some recent Bol Bol highlights

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Some recent Bol Bol highlights

Post by GrantDuck »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdfc_olj3BQ

These look great. Slow early, but Bol takes over in the 3rd and 4th quarters at both ends.

This is the best he's looked against a team that also had a lot of D-1 guys. I love that he's running the floor harder as that's been an issue with him at times.

Miles Norris is my favorite player in this class, but Bol is going to be super interesting to watch develop for the next year and a half.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Some recent Bol Bol highlights

Post by nogerO »

Sorry not impressed. At all.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

He didn’t look bad at all. Not really that athletic, but neither was his pops. Little mid-range, dunks and a few blocks, I’m good with it. Plus, you didn’t get a feel for his rebounding, as it was edited mainly for offensive buckets. Can’t teach length, and he has plenty of that.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

He has as much potential as you're likely to see. Crazy, crazy good coordination for someone so big. To be draining threes and midrange jumpers with a nearly 8 foot wingspan... That's insane.

And he's literally 6 inches taller than Chris Boucher. Think about that. Boucher measured in at the combine at 6'8. Bol, the last time he was measured, came in at 7'2 without shoes. And the kid could have grown since then. He's stupid big.

He's going to be a force for us. Just wait.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:He has as much potential as you're likely to see. Crazy, crazy good coordination for someone so big. To be draining threes and midrange jumpers with a nearly 8 foot wingspan... That's insane.

And he's literally 6 inches taller than Chris Boucher. Think about that. Boucher measured in at the combine at 6'8. Bol, the last time he was measured, came in at 7'2 without shoes. And the kid could have grown since then. He's stupid big.

He's going to be a force for us. Just wait.
I would almost hope that we would play strictly zone with him on defense. Planting a center in the middle is a big plus in college where there aren't any parameters on the defensive end. Very few college bigs would be able to stretch that zone
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

nogerO wrote:Sorry not impressed. At all.
He's playing against almost all D-1 kids and absolutely dominating the game. He's 7ft 2 with a great touch. Obviously has a lot of developing to do and learning how to play more physically, but dang, you're setting an awful high standard.

"This LeBron James kid, I'm not impressed"-NogerO, circa 2000
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

GrantDuck wrote:
nogerO wrote:Sorry not impressed. At all.
He's playing against almost all D-1 kids and absolutely dominating the game. He's 7ft 2 with a great touch. Obviously has a lot of developing to do and learning how to play more physically, but dang, you're setting an awful high standard.

"This LeBron James kid, I'm not impressed"-NogerO, circa 2000
:lol: :lol: :lol: