Arizona State @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Sunday, 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Arizona State @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Sunday, 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Merganzer »

ASU 4-1 13-4
ORE 5-0 16-2
Last edited by Merganzer on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenblood
Senior

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Sunday, 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Greenblood »

I do like the idea of including the women's games, Merg, thanks. But I think we should have some obvious-to-the-eye method of distinguishing the men's and women's game threads. Maybe a "(W) " at the beginning of the women's games threads? . . .
Duck07
All-American

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Sunday, 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:I do like the idea of including the women's games, Merg, thanks. But I think we should have some obvious-to-the-eye method of distinguishing the men's and women's game threads. Maybe a "(W) " at the beginning of the women's games threads? . . .
You mean the #8 ranking wasn't a dead give away? Every student should be giving priority to the women's games first.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Arizona State @ # 8 Oregon WBB (Sunday, 5 PM Pac-12 Netw

Post by nogerO »

The ladies finally get a ranked opponent at home. Wouldn't be surprised if Oregon wins by 10+.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, I think the win at UCLA was really important, beating a highly ranked conference opponent on the road, especially right after the Bruins had just destroyed a ranked Beavers team. I'd say the Ducks have to be considered the Pac-12 favorites now.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

So, what happens when you hold a team scoreless for the first 7 minutes of the third quarter? Tonight, en route to a 74-64 win over Arizona State, it meant breaking open a game that had Oregon led by four at halftime. At one point the Ducks led by 27; a 30 point gap was the plan, but an errant pass by Ionescu to Bando in the corner was intercepted.
The Ducks came out hot;75% shooting' finished at 66%. Hebert ended up 9-9 from the floor, 2-3 from the free throw line for 20, Ionescu, 26 points, 11-15 from the floor. Also in double figures were Cazorla and Sabally with 15 and 10 respectively.
The Ducks turned it up on defense in the 2nd half, particularly inside, where Kianna Ibis had 15 in the first half and finished with 22. The win puts Oregon atop the standings at 6-0.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Complete domination in the second half. Shooting percentage was off the charts. Bando had little impact on the game and yet the women still cruised.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:Complete domination in the second half. Shooting percentage was off the charts. Bando had little impact on the game and yet the women still cruised.
Yeah, but the 4th quarter melt down worries me. They had a 27 point lead and were pulling away and just seemed to go to sleep...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think that happens when you have a 27 point lead.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ladies are now ranked #7.