Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

UCLA @ Oregon (Saturday 7:15 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN 20 (SAT) 7:15 PM PST
TV: ESPN
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: UCLA @ Oregon (Saturday 7:15 PM ESPN)

Post by mattc94 »

These 7:35 start times are friggin' moronic. Afternoon West Coast basketball has all but disappeared. They want to stick anything into prime time slots whenever possible. Just another thing to blame Larry Scott for.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

mattc94 wrote:These 7:35 start times are friggin' moronic. Afternoon West Coast basketball has all but disappeared. They want to stick anything into prime time slots whenever possible. Just another thing to blame Larry Scott for.
Hold on, your complaining about a primetime spot on ESPN? You clearly dont understand business
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
mattc94 wrote:These 7:35 start times are friggin' moronic. Afternoon West Coast basketball has all but disappeared. They want to stick anything into prime time slots whenever possible. Just another thing to blame Larry Scott for.
Hold on, your complaining about a primetime spot on ESPN? You clearly dont understand business
Hold on, so when people in the Portland market will be turning on the Blazer game 15 minutes previous is good business? No way would locals have turned it on at an earlier time. Well, I guess, if you live on the East Coast and want to stay up late to watch two borderline mediocre teams.... there is all that carryover audience. But yeah, I don't understand anything about business, so good way to put me in my place.
Last edited by mattc94 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Point is, being on ESPN provides more awareness and visibility to the program than anything else.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Ducks up 14 at Half best offensive half of year. Would be up 25 or 30 but Ucla shot 22 free throws in the first half
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

UCLA picked a good year to underachieve more than they usually do.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Our grad transfers are terrible.
Eksynyt
Two Star Recruit

Post by Eksynyt »

This team goes full Ernie Kent in the final 2 mins every game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Still not liking Prichard at PG, he really seems to lack clock awareness. That shot clock violation was brutal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks got lucky to hold on for the win. Just way too many bad turnovers and defensive lapses in the 2nd half.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Take out Elijah Brown and start Bailey. Might as well prepare him for next year. Brown is trash.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

mattc94 wrote:Take out Elijah Brown and start Bailey. Might as well prepare him for next year. Brown is trash.
I wanted Bailey to start early because it was evident he could at least play defense consistently. The offense was a nice touch to see for him going forward.

PP and King are going to love playing together and since I've tempered expectations for this team, this was a good win to watch for the players coming back.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

This is a weird transition year, clearly. I’d be thrilled to make the tournament. Clearly 2019 is where we’re going to make noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Hoagduck wrote:This is a weird transition year, clearly. I’d be thrilled to make the tournament. Clearly 2019 is where we’re going to make noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we just lost too many players from last year. Which is fine. Bell and Brooks will guarantee us recruits for years to come. Troy Brown, Bailey and Wooten look really promising. I don't know if Brown looks really well at forward though. As somebody said, having Payton push the ball up when Brown can do it kind of hurts him. His skill set really works well in transition and in creating matchup problems as he drives to the bucket. I hope he stays though. Leaving for the draft would be foolish of him.