Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 2 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 2 PM FOX)

Post by oregontrack »

(in no way am i blaming keith smith for yesterday, or any of our struggles this year — just wanted to point that out, people read what they want sometimes)

to riff off the above post, keith smith fascinates me. perhaps I’m merely cherry picking examples, but it seems like smith is always in decent (or correct) position to make the proper play but his game around the rim is just awful. he seems like a smart player who puts himself in good spots and he has enough athleticism to get by his man but once it’s time to put ball in hoop it all goes violently wrong.

i hope smith sticks around and works on his game, i like him and he seems like a great team guy. hell, even adding a floater to his game could do wonders as a reliable role player his final two years.
ImageImageImageImageImage
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

This is tough to watch and to be honest I dont blame Altman. Macintosh has been underwhelming lets call him a poor POOR mans Elgin Cook. Elijah Brown is a train wreck, he is a bigger version of Tajon (SP?) Porter, jacks up terrible 3's, kills ball movement and tries to go iso everytime he touches the ball. Paul White? Good lord his defense and rebounding are TERRIBLE. These guys are not even running Altmans offense correctly and we are tits deep in the season. If you watch, Altmans system starts with a three man weave at the top of the three point arc mixed with a high ball screen and is all based on movement. Well this team starts that weave way to high up the court so even if they beat their man, they are too far away from the basket to make any kind of move and the help defense has time to adjust. Now mix in with that Oregon has 2-3 on any play looking for their own shot which gums up his motion offense even more. Also i know the pac12 refs are blind mice but ghad damn. This Oregon defense is so lazy and just foul almost everytime down the floor.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

justducky0 wrote:This is tough to watch and to be honest I dont blame Altman. Macintosh has been underwhelming lets call him a poor POOR mans Elgin Cook. Elijah Brown is a train wreck, he is a bigger version of Tajon (SP?) Porter, jacks up terrible 3's, kills ball movement and tries to go iso everytime he touches the ball. Paul White? Good lord his defense and rebounding are TERRIBLE. These guys are not even running Altmans offense correctly and we are tits deep in the season. If you watch, Altmans system starts with a three man weave at the top of the three point arc mixed with a high ball screen and is all based on movement. Well this team starts that weave way to high up the court so even if they beat their man, they are too far away from the basket to make any kind of move and the help defense has time to adjust. Now mix in with that Oregon has 2-3 on any play looking for their own shot which gums up his motion offense even more. Also i know the pac12 refs are blind mice but ghad damn. This Oregon defense is so lazy and just foul almost everytime down the floor.
Speaking of the weave, what made it so good last season was that Brooks, Ennis, and Dorsey would aggressively receive the handoff. They’d start moving before the ball handler got to them. I have to admit, I haven’t watched this season much, not because the team is not as good, just in the middle of the CPA exams and tax season just began, but from what I’ve seen, the wings stand and wait for the ball handler to hand them the ball before they start moving, and that completely ruins the effectiveness of the weave. Also, is Prichard still playing PG? Cause he drives me crazy as PG. he’s not dumb or anything, he just moves the offense so damn slowly! It drives me crazy. I don’t think he’s a natural PG, more of a SG.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

pritch is absolutely a true PG. literally nothing about him screams 2 guard.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UofDuck
Senior

Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 2 PM FOX)

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
justducky0 wrote:This is tough to watch and to be honest I dont blame Altman. Macintosh has been underwhelming lets call him a poor POOR mans Elgin Cook. Elijah Brown is a train wreck, he is a bigger version of Tajon (SP?) Porter, jacks up terrible 3's, kills ball movement and tries to go iso everytime he touches the ball. Paul White? Good lord his defense and rebounding are TERRIBLE. These guys are not even running Altmans offense correctly and we are tits deep in the season. If you watch, Altmans system starts with a three man weave at the top of the three point arc mixed with a high ball screen and is all based on movement. Well this team starts that weave way to high up the court so even if they beat their man, they are too far away from the basket to make any kind of move and the help defense has time to adjust. Now mix in with that Oregon has 2-3 on any play looking for their own shot which gums up his motion offense even more. Also i know the pac12 refs are blind mice but ghad damn. This Oregon defense is so lazy and just foul almost everytime down the floor.
Speaking of the weave, what made it so good last season was that Brooks, Ennis, and Dorsey would aggressively receive the handoff. They’d start moving before the ball handler got to them. I have to admit, I haven’t watched this season much, not because the team is not as good, just in the middle of the CPA exams and tax season just began, but from what I’ve seen, the wings stand and wait for the ball handler to hand them the ball before they start moving, and that completely ruins the effectiveness of the weave. Also, is Prichard still playing PG? Cause he drives me crazy as PG. he’s not dumb or anything, he just moves the offense so damn slowly! It drives me crazy. I don’t think he’s a natural PG, more of a SG.
Why are your shorts in a wad about Pritcher every post? He is a great point guard. And you got your wish when he sat and Brown took over only to bomb.