Oregon @ California (Thu 6 pm Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ California (Thu 6 pm Pac-12 Networks)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FEB 1 (THU) 6:00 PM PT
CALIFORNIA
BERKELEY, CALIF.
TV: PAC-12 NETWORKS

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Re: Oregon @ California (Thu 6 pm Pac-12 Networks)

Post by Duck24 »

These games feel like must win if Oregon has any hope of getting into the tourney, assuming they don’t win the Pac-12 tourney.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Playing the Bay schools used to suck...now, they're not so good, but neither are we.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we were swept in the bay during each of our three elite eight seasons, and last year's F4 team needed that crazy comeback against cal and fought like hell to beat stanford.

it's just never been a fun place to play, i don't care how poorly the bay area teams are playing or how good we happen to be.
ImageImageImageImageImage
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Would say its the first "must win" of the season.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

as others lose this game to Cal and the Glimmer of hope for the Ncaa's is gone. Cant recover losing to a awful Cal team
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we are up 8 but it should be 20. we are passing the ball as lazy as I’ve seen us do all year, cal’s got to be in double digits in points off turnovers. hurts worse because they’re so ineffective in the half court.

clean our crap up and this is a blow out. continue to play like jack asses and this will be far closer than it has any right to be.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

It's surprisingly not Elijah's fault. Troy has had some good plays but he's too careless with the ball. We've missed some dunks and FTs.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I'm a 31 year old lifelong ducks hoops fan. I grew up parking on 21st with my dad and walking down the hill to Mac Court. I'm as passionate about college basketball as it gets. But I'm getting close to not being able to watch anymore. College basketball officiating has gotten so bad that I literally can't handle watching. Coaches make 90% of the calls for refs now, and we have a coach that never says a word. I'm seriously worried that watching Dana Altman teams play through pac 12 officiating is taking years off my life. I'm getting too angry during every game at this point. I'm not even enjoying most wins these days. Reffing has just gotten to be so atrocious.

Edit: I'm living in Durham now, having moved for grad school at Duke. I watch Duke games now, too. How often do you think Duke gets fucked by refs the way we do every single game?
Last edited by Kyle's Brother on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Oregon’s offense seems to play so damn conservative after halftime. It’s boring, tough to watch. Can hardly wait for the upcoming class to start. Been spoiled by the last couple years, cuz with a few exceptions, this years team does not excite me at all.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They played good D at least.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Everythingsducky wrote:Oregon’s offense seems to play so damn conservative after halftime. It’s boring, tough to watch. Can hardly wait for the upcoming class to start. Been spoiled by the last couple years, cuz with a few exceptions, this years team does not excite me at all.
Nailed it.
Eksynyt
Two Star Recruit

Post by Eksynyt »

Well it's nice to get the W. Cal is so awful. How the hell did they beat Stanford?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Eksynyt wrote:Well it's nice to get the W. Cal is so awful. How the hell did they beat Stanford?
The Stanford team that lost by 10 to Portland State?