Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Post by Merganzer »

pudgejeff wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Huskies by 25, Cougars by 27, now tied with the Huskies at 7-5. The intensity in this one didn't match the level against the Huskies. Ducks started out heavy on the 3's, but gradually became a bit more selective. Not sure of the turnovers, but WSU was as careless a team as I can remember watching. Troy Brown is definitely getting more comfortable on the court, Elijah is still kind of a pitching machine set on 3's.
What the hell did Altman see in Elijah Brown. Dude needs to sit on the bench. No defense, no conscience when it comes to shot selection. Give the young guys the minutes. Especially Kigab. Yes he's a turnover machine right now, but maybe with more minutes he'll calm down, and he shows promise on defense.
I'm not sure where you get the no defense part. He communicates great, good rotations. Offensively he helps tremendously with spacing, has great court awareness and moves to the correct portion of the court to open spaces for others. You can say what you want about his shooting, and I will agree it has been very streaky, but defenders still respect it.
http://goducks.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball
Some numbers from Conference games:
Pritchard averages 35 mins per game, Troy B, 32. E B, 29. With those minutes, Pritchard and EB both have 120 attempted shots, TB, 109. Pritchard has an overall field goal % of 42.5, EB is 39.2, TB is 51.4. On 3's, Pritchard is at 36.1, EB is 34.4, TB is 29.4. Bearing that in mind, out of his attempted shots, 31.2 % of TB's have been 3's, Pritchard is at 50.1%, which seems high, until we see that 75% of EB's have been 3's. What also hurts here is that he is the best free throw shooter, at 96%, but his attempts are much fewer, 23, than Pritchard, 31 and TB, 43, because he doesn't go to the basket. Not surprisingly, Pritchard is averaging 5 assists per game, TB is at 3, and EB 2.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Washington State @ Oregon (Sun 5 PM ESPNU)

Post by pudgejeff »

Merganzer wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Huskies by 25, Cougars by 27, now tied with the Huskies at 7-5. The intensity in this one didn't match the level against the Huskies. Ducks started out heavy on the 3's, but gradually became a bit more selective. Not sure of the turnovers, but WSU was as careless a team as I can remember watching. Troy Brown is definitely getting more comfortable on the court, Elijah is still kind of a pitching machine set on 3's.
What the hell did Altman see in Elijah Brown. Dude needs to sit on the bench. No defense, no conscience when it comes to shot selection. Give the young guys the minutes. Especially Kigab. Yes he's a turnover machine right now, but maybe with more minutes he'll calm down, and he shows promise on defense.
I'm not sure where you get the no defense part. He communicates great, good rotations. Offensively he helps tremendously with spacing, has great court awareness and moves to the correct portion of the court to open spaces for others. You can say what you want about his shooting, and I will agree it has been very streaky, but defenders still respect it.
http://goducks.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball
Some numbers from Conference games:
Pritchard averages 35 mins per game, Troy B, 32. E B, 29. With those minutes, Pritchard and EB both have 120 attempted shots, TB, 109. Pritchard has an overall field goal % of 42.5, EB is 39.2, TB is 51.4. On 3's, Pritchard is at 36.1, EB is 34.4, TB is 29.4. Bearing that in mind, out of his attempted shots, 31.2 % of TB's have been 3's, Pritchard is at 50.1%, which seems high, until we see that 75% of EB's have been 3's. What also hurts here is that he is the best free throw shooter, at 96%, but his attempts are much fewer, 23, than Pritchard, 31 and TB, 43, because he doesn't go to the basket. Not surprisingly, Pritchard is averaging 5 assists per game, TB is at 3, and EB 2.
I definitely wasn't disagreeing about him being a chucker, I'm not sure anyone can.