Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:Ugly last 2-3 minutes of execution on the offensive end.
It's been that way all year. It's almost as if their brains turn off the last couple of minutes.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ugly possession but Oregon gets lucky on Troy Brown's putback.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks give up what looks to be the GW lob to Metu. Poor backside defense there by E. Brown and McIntosh.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I haven't watched a ton of games this year but every game I watch, Paul White just looks like a complete waste of space. I find it appalling that anyone can do worse than he can. Maybe it's the games I don't watch that he's a superstar but boy oh boy......
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks give up what looks to be the GW lob to Metu. Poor backside defense there by E. Brown and McIntosh.
That was a lose lose for those two as there were three Trojans they were guarding. To me, that’s on Wooten who was doubling a guy 40 feet from the basket. Brutal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever wrote:I haven't watched a ton of games this year but every game I watch, Paul White just looks like a complete waste of space. I find it appalling that anyone can do worse than he can. Maybe it's the games I don't watch that he's a superstar but boy oh boy......
He's a decent offensive player but he's an absolute sieve when it comes to his post defense. He's a SF in a PF's body.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Altman should really have called a timeout late in the game to get their offense coordinated. Out of their last 10 possessions, they had maybe 2-3 good ones. The others were ugly and typically ended up in rushed shots or turnovers. At times, Altman seems exasperated with what to do since he's really got no go-to scorers who can create shots on their own when things break down.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

greenyellow wrote:Altman should really have called a timeout late in the game to get their offense coordinated. Out of their last 10 possessions, they had maybe 2-3 good ones. The others were ugly and typically ended up in rushed shots or turnovers. At times, Altman seems exasperated with what to do since he's really got no go-to scorers who can create shots on their own when things break down.
His zone offenses looked like that even when we had all the best players.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pudgejeff wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Altman should really have called a timeout late in the game to get their offense coordinated. Out of their last 10 possessions, they had maybe 2-3 good ones. The others were ugly and typically ended up in rushed shots or turnovers. At times, Altman seems exasperated with what to do since he's really got no go-to scorers who can create shots on their own when things break down.
His zone offenses looked like that even when we had all the best players.
Maybe it just looks a lot worse now that they have no consistent drivers or zone-busting shooters.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

greenyellow wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:I haven't watched a ton of games this year but every game I watch, Paul White just looks like a complete waste of space. I find it appalling that anyone can do worse than he can. Maybe it's the games I don't watch that he's a superstar but boy oh boy......
He's a decent offensive player but he's an absolute sieve when it comes to his post defense. He's a SF in a PF's body.
Well that explains it since the offense wasn't great tonight :(
Frustrating but it's all part of the process.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Team chemistry is diabolical. You can tell Pritchard and half these guys are just not communicating. NIT bound folks.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Troy Brown's defense was horrible all game. Absolutely awful.

I understand you have bad days on offense, but damn, the lack of intensity from him on defense was killing me tonight.

Was really nice though to see Mikyle play a really strong offensive game.

Thought we had the game after Brown hit that 3, but our offensive sets after that looked like 4 guys that didn't want the ball and Pritchard being double teamed. Thought Dana needed a timeout for a good set. Instead we got a shot clock violation, 2 other TO's, an airball from E. Brown, and long distance shot from PP.

Frustrating, b/c I thought we were going to steal that one after Boatwright was injured.

Have to try again to get the split. At this point, it's win out and/or just try and get the best possible seed in Vegas. The 5 or 6 seed is not bad this year, b/c cal and wazzu are bad teams.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Ducks give up what looks to be the GW lob to Metu. Poor backside defense there by E. Brown and McIntosh.
That was a lose lose for those two as there were three Trojans they were guarding. To me, that’s on Wooten who was doubling a guy 40 feet from the basket. Brutal.
It was Wooten's fault, but it's how he played it. Altman wanted him to double to get the ball out of their PG's hands. That's a smart move. Wooten just didn't play it right and let him make the pass. Tough for a freshman, and honestly, you have to give USc some credit there.

If we have one decent offensive possession the last 4 minutes, at worst we're in OT.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Hard to watch. Good teams make plays at the end of the game and average/bad teams don't.....Oregon is just not very good this year.
You can't have 3 turnovers in the last 5 possessions. Just make sure you get shots up, even if they are not great shots. That last 3 minutes was brutal.

NIT if we are lucky
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

NIT might be best for our younger players if only because its more likely they can advance further and get more games in.