FEB 15 (THU) 6:00 PM PT
TV: ESPN2
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Gotta sweep here if we wanna make NCAA tournament. Realistically, gotta win 5 out of our next 6.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think winning 4 of our last 6, including a win over Arizona and USC would actually be very close #'s wise to getting in.

If we then made the semis of the CT on top of it, it'd probably get us to the play-in games.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

RPI currently sitting at 80. That's actually lower than before the WSU win thanks to the fuskies dropping the ball versus OSU.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Barring a Pac 12 tournament victory and auto berth, I don't see how the ducks get in with their current RPI and record. They just don't have the resume this year. Maybe if they could take all six remaining conference games. With the pathetic non-conference schedule, 10 losses will probably do them in.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:Barring a Pac 12 tournament victory and auto berth, I don't see how the ducks get in with their current RPI and record. They just don't have the resume this year. Maybe if they could take all six remaining conference games. With the pathetic non-conference schedule, 10 losses will probably do them in.
Winning 5 of the last 6 will likely put Oregon #2 in the standings. Oregon will get in if they win their last 5 of 6. If they win 4, we are still a bubble team and would likely have to at least get to the Pac-12 tournament championship game to have a solid shot. And even then, we'd be a bubble team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Barring a Pac 12 tournament victory and auto berth, I don't see how the ducks get in with their current RPI and record. They just don't have the resume this year. Maybe if they could take all six remaining conference games. With the pathetic non-conference schedule, 10 losses will probably do them in.
Winning 5 of the last 6 will likely put Oregon #2 in the standings. Oregon will get in if they win their last 5. If they win 4, we are still a bubble team and would likely have to at least get to the Pac-12 tournament championship game to have a solid shot. And even then, we'd be a bubble team.
5 /6 gets the Ducks to 22-9 (12-6) add 2 CT wins, loss in the championship game, 24-10.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

The good news is that Oregon does not have a loss outside the Top 100. The bad news is that they only have 2 Top 50 wins. They almost have to beat USC and both AZ schools so they can get some quality wins.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

northbeachsf wrote:The good news is that Oregon does not have a loss outside the Top 100. The bad news is that they only have 2 Top 50 wins. They almost have to beat USC and both AZ schools so they can get some quality wins.
Unfortunately, Oregon State comes in at 159, here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/standings/
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Merganzer wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:The good news is that Oregon does not have a loss outside the Top 100. The bad news is that they only have 2 Top 50 wins. They almost have to beat USC and both AZ schools so they can get some quality wins.
Unfortunately, Oregon State comes in at 159, here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/standings/
Oops! I guess I just wanted to erase that one from my memory.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

It sucks, because I have no doubt we are a top 68 team right now. But the growing pains have been real this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Nobody shot worth a damn in that first half on either team.

Defense was fairly good, but some wide open misses on both sides.

Troy Brown needs to get it going and we have to keep rebounding on defense.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Holy hell troy..wide open layin,you lose the ball, then missed dunk.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bad couple of possessions by the Ducks. Almost like they've never gone against a zone. Probably going to cost them the game.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Ugly last 2-3 minutes of execution on the offensive end.