FEB 17 (SAT) 7:15 PM PT
TV: ESPN
greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Sat 7:15 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tight game again against UCLA with a minute to go. Let's see if they can get it done.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon got a stop and a final shot but now it's under review to see who's ball it is. Called Oregon ball but it's hard to tell if the ball went of Troy Brown or UCLA's Welsh last.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Stays with Oregon but E. Brown misses a three at the buzzer.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Some ugly shots and defense by Oregon so far in OT. Lucky to only be down 5 with 2 minutes left.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon can't buy a bucket and UCLA hits their FTs. Another lost weekend mainly because of poor defense and them having no offensive identity.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Elijah Brown is awful.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:Elijah Brown is awful.
Whole team was awful in OT. Troy Brown and the rest of the FR disappeared once again, leaving only Pritchard, McIntosh, and E. Brown to do all the scoring.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
Whole team was awful in OT. Troy Brown and the rest of the FR disappeared once again, leaving only Pritchard, McIntosh, and E. Brown to do all the scoring.
Last few minutes of regulation, he took a pull-up 3 on a fast break with numbers and then whatever that doo doo was at the end of regulation. Just awful.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Had another CPA exam today so I finally had time to watch some of the game. I forgot how hard this team is to watch. Altman should just sit out the rest of the season and wait to coach next season. I won’t miss a bunch of these guys, if by now they haven’t learned that you can’t just out-talent other teams to win games then they probably never will. Just seems like Altman is miserable trying to coach some uncoachable guys. UCLA deserved to win, sure they played sloppy but they played real basketball. They took advantage of every time an Oregon perimeter defender didn’t pay attention to his man and gave an extremely weak “attempt” at doubling someone when it was completely unnecessary. Also the lack of ball movement from Oregon is hard to watch. I don’t see anyone on this team who plays for his teammates.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

You guys are way too negative. Tough loss, but we actually played really well from about 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. Some of our best basketball all season after we were down 11. Mckintosh had a great week.

The Elijah Brown chuck from 3 to end regulation was too just way too typical of him. With the game tied, don't shoot a freaking contested fadeaway 3, you moron. that and we didn't play any defense in the 1st half. 2nd half, we played good D, which gave us a shot. Hopefully Troy Brown finds his shooting touch, would be unstoppable at the college level if he could.

We don't have great talent this year and the talent we have is young. Hopefully we play 4 great games to end the season and get the best possible seed in the ct.

ALL FOUR games left are winnable.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Last few minutes of regulation, he took a pull-up 3 on a fast break with numbers and then whatever that doo doo was at the end of regulation. Just awful.
That one killed me. He had Holiday on him with 4 fouls and nobody rebounding and he jacks that crap up. The dude is just the lowest IQ basketball player we've had as a "senior" at Oregon.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

This season just needs to end. If I never see Keith Smith, Roman Sorkin, and Elijah Brown again, it will be too soon. Brown has probably turned out to be my least favorite duck of all time. He's a seriously bad player. Just truly terrible.

And Troy Brown... I'm with Walton. Who the f*** is projecting him as a first round pick??? I genuinely don't care if he goes after this season. He's a wing player with shaky handles and a terribly broken jumper. He's about where Dwayne Benjamin was after his junior season. He just has a bigger ego.

This team isn't fun to watch.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

You guys are killing me.

Yes, E. Brown is a moron, but the rest of the kids were busting their asses in the 2nd half....

Mckintosh had a really good week.

Troy Brown just can't shoot right now and it's hurting his confidence. He played really hard on D today after awful D against USc. He's rebounding, passed well, took the ball to the basket. I remember people on this board saying the same thing about Tyler Dorsey last season "not an NBA player"..then he led us to the Final Four...kinda ridiculous.