Oregon @ Washington (Sat 1:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Sat 1:30 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m going to state this again, I want Troy Brown to get more time at PG than Pritchard. I love Pritchard, I swear I do, I just think the offense flows better with Brown and Pritchard sets up the offense too slowly. I feel like tonight confirmed this. Put Pritchard at SG, I think he’s better suited for the SG. But Brown still has room to improve. He should come back next season to work on turning the ball over less, finishing, and he tends to fall asleep on defense sometimes and leaves a shooter too open.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Paul white had a decent game too. Tussled with Dickerson some. 13, 5, and 4 with no TO's.

He struggles more against quick teams and gets into foul trouble. When he's on the floor we are a better offensive team.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m going to state this again, I want Troy Brown to get more time at PG than Pritchard. I love Pritchard, I swear I do, I just think the offense flows better with Brown and Pritchard sets up the offense too slowly. I feel like tonight confirmed this. Put Pritchard at SG, I think he’s better suited for the SG. But Brown still has room to improve. He should come back next season to work on turning the ball over less, finishing, and he tends to fall asleep on defense sometimes and leaves a shooter too open.
He had 6 TO's today. While I agree, especially against Zones, he's not ready for that just yet.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m going to state this again, I want Troy Brown to get more time at PG than Pritchard. I love Pritchard, I swear I do, I just think the offense flows better with Brown and Pritchard sets up the offense too slowly. I feel like tonight confirmed this. Put Pritchard at SG, I think he’s better suited for the SG. But Brown still has room to improve. He should come back next season to work on turning the ball over less, finishing, and he tends to fall asleep on defense sometimes and leaves a shooter too open.
He had 6 TO's today. While I agree, especially against Zones, he's not ready for that just yet.
I agree it’s not ideal, I just personally don’t think Pritchard is any better with how slow the offense sets with him running the point. But Troy certainly needs to work on the turnovers badly.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Crazy to say, but we miss Casey Benson down the stretch to handle the rock and make good decisions.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Always awesome to beat the puppies. My day is complete.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Last season Pritchard shared PG with Benson, and Brooks handled a lot of PG responsibilities; getting the offense in motion, creating own shot when needed. Pritchard wasn't, isn't ready to take on that with a team as young and new as this one is.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

If only they could've showed up against Washington State things may have gotten interesting for the tourney! Team was just one good player away from being something like 24-6. Next year will be really fun.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

frogsnouts wrote:If only they could've showed up against Washington State things may have gotten interesting for the tourney! Team was just one good player away from being something like 24-6. Next year will be really fun.
Imagine if we got the guy from St Mary's who considered transferring here(jock londale) who put up like 24 and 10 this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just watched the game. Fun game. Out D did very well.

Keith Smith is a baller on D.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Keith looks more confident