Fentress says the Ducks are dead

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Last night on, "Talkin' Ducks", Aaron Fentress said that the Ducks were what they were this season, a mediocre team that ended the season losing to another mediocre team in the NIT...then he announced that next season would not be any better. He says that the team that just completed the season didn't have enough time together to be successful, and that the same will be true next season.
Yes, this coming season will again be a case of starting a team from scratch. But the ingredients are vastly different. He said that the 3 of the top scorers would be gone, like going in to this season. But drawing a parallel of the exodus of 2017, to the loss of Brown, Brown, McIntosh & Sorkin is as crazy as it gets. Last season's team missed the NCAA's. But 3/4 games go the other way, they were dancing.
Last season didn't just have the top players leave. It really didn't have anybody back. Save for Pritchard who was put in to a role for which he wasn't suited. This coming season is different. Pritchard returns, along with Wooten & Bailey at least, and oh yeah, rather than count on graduate transfers, the 2nd rated recruiting class is filling out the roster.
I know I'm not breaking any news here, but I had to share.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Fentress says the Ducks are dead

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duke, Kentucky, and many other teams deal with having bunch of freshmen starting and having little experience on their roster.

If you have talent and a good coach, you have wins. Simple. Of course if these guys all already had a year to play together, we would win more. But we are going to be good next season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Chalk this up to Fentress being misguided as usual. Oregon had some talent this past season but didn't have the chemistry or experience to do much with it. Next season, they're returning more than just the 3 players with playing experience they did this season and adding more than what they got this past off-season (with them still possibly adding another recruit and/or grad transfer on top.)
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Everything we lost last year was difficult to replace, especially quickly. Everything we lose this year I think will be easily replaced. Mcintosh was cool, but Troy Brown didn't do anything that at least one of our new recruits won't replicate (or exceed). Elijah Brown and his awful decisions shouldn't be difficult to replace either.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

McIntosh's toughness will be missed as will his and Brown's rebounding. I don't see us missing the other components of their games.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Please stop paying attention to Fentress, Clownzano, and Skip Bayless if what they say bother you. People like them only have jobs because people overreact to their craziness. They say what they say to get paid, that is all. The sooner people completely ignore them and they don’t get paid for saying outlandish things the sooner we will start to get legitimate minds in the sports media industry. But if you legitimately like people like them, then go ahead and watch them. It just confuses me to see so many people complain about people like Fentress yet continue to pay attention to what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Please stop paying attention to Fentress, Clownzano, and Skip Bayless if what they say bother you. People like them only have jobs because people overreact to their craziness. They say what they say to get paid, that is all. The sooner people completely ignore them and they don’t get paid for saying outlandish things the sooner we will start to get legitimate minds in the sports media industry. But if you legitimately like people like them, then go ahead and watch them. It just confuses me to see so many people complain about people like Fentress yet continue to pay attention to what they say.

I had to stop watching Talkin' Ducks. Not just due to his constant negativity, but his rudeness in talking over all of the other guests.

I was excited for the new show The Bridge with Bri Amaranthus, but as soon as I realized Fentress would be on I've never watched an episode.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

pdxduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Please stop paying attention to Fentress, Clownzano, and Skip Bayless if what they say bother you. People like them only have jobs because people overreact to their craziness. They say what they say to get paid, that is all. The sooner people completely ignore them and they don’t get paid for saying outlandish things the sooner we will start to get legitimate minds in the sports media industry. But if you legitimately like people like them, then go ahead and watch them. It just confuses me to see so many people complain about people like Fentress yet continue to pay attention to what they say.

I had to stop watching Talkin' Ducks. Not just due to his constant negativity, but his rudeness in talking over all of the other guests.

I was excited for the new show The Bridge with Bri Amaranthus, but as soon as I realized Fentress would be on I've never watched an episode.
How dare you disagree with Lord Fentress! He knows all! His knowledge of football from his time spent coaching and playing semi-pro football in Portland makes him a modern day Vince Lombardi. And his knowledge of basketball also comes from his coaching/playing semi-pro football.

It’s just the sports media nowadays. Whoever can say the most preposterous thing while yelling the loudest gets the spotlight. It’s best to just ignore them. I’ve blocked The Clown and Fentress on twitter so even if someone I follow retweets/replies to them, I don’t see it.