GM: Boston Celtics GM

ESPN's Way Too Early Women's Bball Rankings

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Re: ESPN's Way Too Early Women's Bball Rankings

Post by Merganzer »

Nice...and the write up didn't even mention Sabbaly's bigger, just what the Ducks need, younger, sister, who will be joining the team next season, and the Pac-12 will be tough again.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Wow, I didn't realize UConn was losing so much. Not to jinx us but we've got a very real chance at a national championship.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Now imagine if everyone makes a significant improvement like they did from last year.
It should be very very good.
I'm just worried about the teams with the extremely physical big players for next year. They look pretty tough.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I’d like to see McGuire get more minutes next year. I think she was under utilized.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Oregon's depth is taking a hit, from Meek's column today

“We’re going to lose a couple of players,” Graves said. “Anneli Maley is already home, and Sierra Campisano has already asked for her release.

“There’s going to be some changes. We won’t be as deep as we were this year, but we’ll still be really talented.”
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

maxduck wrote:Oregon's depth is taking a hit, from Meek's column today

“We’re going to lose a couple of players,” Graves said. “Anneli Maley is already home, and Sierra Campisano has already asked for her release.

“There’s going to be some changes. We won’t be as deep as we were this year, but we’ll still be really talented.”
Agree with the coach that there will be changes, but for the better. Maley was getting some quality PT, Campisano never really lived up to her * potential and was mainly get garbage time minutes. The new players coming in include experience and talent, depth won't be a problem.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

maxduck wrote:Oregon's depth is taking a hit, from Meek's column today

Hate losing Maley. I think she was super underutilized last year and would have been a stud in her career, wish them both nothing but the best though!
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Hate to see Maley go, she was a fighter out there. Great hustle for the ball.
Campisano just ended up never recovering from her injury. Had lots and lots of open looks too that wouldn't go down.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I also liked Maley. Saw her get some quality minutes in person at Matt vs. UW and was impressed with her composure. There are only 200 minutes in each game to spread around only five players on the court at a time. I fear that a few transfers after each season may become the norm on a team as deeply talented as the Ducks.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

I assumed Maley would be the starter with Bando leaving? Is Sabally's sister supposed to take that spot or someone who I'm not remembering? Seemed like she would've gotten a lot more minutes next year.
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

http://goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7541, the notre dame transfer is sometimes the best player on the court in practice. She'll probably start next year, Maley will be missed. Always played all out.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Morgan Yaeger, a playmaking guard that Graves was really excited about before she had to sit out the entire season with a back injury, and 2018 signee Taylor Chavez, who many have compared to Sabrina in terms of her competitiveness and scoring ability.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

duck92 wrote:http://goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7541, the notre dame transfer is sometimes the best player on the court in practice. She'll probably start next year, Maley will be missed. Always played all out.
She really did. She battled pretty hard on the floor.
The Notre Dame transfer was the Gatorade POY, but a lot of Notre Dame fans didn't seem to be impressed with her first year there. We will just have to see how she does here.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Read on Twitter that there is a possibility of a couple more transfers. Hope that isn’t the case