Duck Women Now Practicing

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Duck Women Now Practicing

Post by Greenblood »

The biggest news would seem to be that Nyara Sabally, the younger sister of Satou, will sit out this season to recover from a serious knee injury suffered while playing for the German national team. Ducks will be thin, but very talented.

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181 ... o-practice

And their schedule is now out, with times and any TV:

https://goducks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball
greenyellow

Re: Duck Women Now Practicing

Post by greenyellow »

They have to hope that no one suffers any injuries since they're basically at 9 healthy players total. Almost seems like poor roster management on Graves' part to not expect a few transfers and have some replacements lined up.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:The biggest news would seem to be that Nyara Sabally, the younger sister of Satou, will sit out this season to recover from a serious knee injury suffered while playing for the German national team.
Good lord, what a disaster. The health and improvement of Lydia Giomi is going to be even more critical now.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:They have to hope that no one suffers any injuries since they're basically at 9 healthy players total. Almost seems like poor roster management on Graves' part to not expect a few transfers and have some replacements lined up.
Seemed like more than the usual amount of transfers though if memory serves me right, especially for a potential championship squad.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They have to hope that no one suffers any injuries since they're basically at 9 healthy players total. Almost seems like poor roster management on Graves' part to not expect a few transfers and have some replacements lined up.
Seemed like more than the usual amount of transfers though if memory serves me right, especially for a potential championship squad.
It was fortunate that Boley got some PT with Ionescu, Hebard, & Gildon in the FIBA Tournament this past summer.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:The biggest news would seem to be that Nyara Sabally, the younger sister of Satou, will sit out this season to recover from a serious knee injury suffered while playing for the German national team.
Good lord, what a disaster. The health and improvement of Lydia Giomi is going to be even more critical now.
I agree with this. I was hoping Nyrara's toughness and crazy athleticism would kame up for losing our centers. Go Lydia, get that most improved award.

So glad Gildon stuck around, she'll have a much bigger role than we would have thought during last season.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Boley will be the newcomer of the year in the Pac. They'll be fine. I actually think a 9 player rotation is just fine unless we have some injuries. Big big year for the ladies.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine