Ex: Western Oregon @ Oregon (Nov 1 Thursday 7 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DCfeatherbutt
One Star Recruit

Re: Ex: Western Oregon @ Oregon (Nov 1 Thursday 7 PM Pac-12

Post by DCfeatherbutt »

Okoro is going to be THE man. Isn’t he 17 years old?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:Really impressed with Bol and Okoro so far. Oregon has a lot of potential in these young guys. Just have to keep them developing and get all the injured guys healthy.
This is what I took from it as well. The second half was much improved over the second. A really encouraging thought I kept having was thinking how much better this team will be with King and Richardson, not too mention Pritchard and White. Altman likes to Have a nice rotation, and this team has so many different combinations possible, it's really going to be a hard team to game plan against.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Observations:
-Our front court is the best we’ve ever had.
-Bol and Okoro like you guys mentioned are the real deal.
-Amin did not look super comfy and turned it over a lot. But I love his sneakyness on defense. I also loved his ability to drive to the hoop for buckets. I thought he might be a guy who would sit on the line but this is not the case!
-Bol is not a great help defender. He was in position many times where someone like Wooten would have gotten a block, but he didn’t help. Coaching thing that can be addressed.
-Will Johnson struggled mightily.
-Bailey played solid overall. Tried to do a bit much, but no PG really showed.
-Kigab. Honestly hard to get a read on him still. Did good and bad things. I’m glad he’s getting minutes.
-Bummer not to have Payton and White, but honestly I think it was really good for these guys to be thrown out there with very litttle experience.
-Johnson and Amin did a terrible job of coming to the ball after getting a defensive rebound. Making our bigs have to make long or forced passes. We need Peyton and Richardson.
-Too many turnovers. Again hard to judge a team with no true Pg out there but ya
We are definitely not ready for pac12 play lol, but there is incredible potential on this team. And to think we are missing 3 starters and Will Richardson. Crazy! Looking forward to our game on Tuesday.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Observations:
-Our front court is the best we’ve ever had.
-Bol and Okoro like you guys mentioned are the real deal.
-Amin did not look super comfy and turned it over a lot. But I love his sneakyness on defense. I also loved his ability to drive to the hoop for buckets. I thought he might be a guy who would sit on the line but this is not the case!
-Bol is not a great help defender. He was in position many times where someone like Wooten would have gotten a block, but he didn’t help. Coaching thing that can be addressed.
-Will Johnson struggled mightily.
-Bailey played solid overall. Tried to do a bit much, but no PG really showed.
-Kigab. Honestly hard to get a read on him still. Did good and bad things. I’m glad he’s getting minutes.
-Bummer not to have Payton and White, but honestly I think it was really good for these guys to be thrown out there with very litttle experience.
-Johnson and Amin did a terrible job of coming to the ball after getting a defensive rebound. Making our bigs have to make long or forced passes. We need Peyton and Richardson.
-Too many turnovers. Again hard to judge a team with no true Pg out there but ya
We are definitely not ready for pac12 play lol, but there is incredible potential on this team. And to think we are missing 3 starters and Will Richardson. Crazy! Looking forward to our game on Tuesday.
Thanks for the blueprint.
Talent wise it's definitely the best FC Oregon has had, hopefully they'll become as efficient as some before and the talent will put them over the top.
Bol already is better all around offensively than Boucher was, his handles & footwork, and that was w/o a Pritchard. But, as you noted, his defense is not even close, and must become a rebounding presence.
Okora is a beast at the rim. Can he develop a game away from the basket? Cook, McIntosh
Amin, I thought, improved the most in the 2nd half...does he have any Dylan Ennis game?
Will Johnson, sadly doesn't evoke any memories of his grandfather.
Bailey, Kigab,nothing to add. The addition of King & Richardson gives this team a very high ceiling.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Amin did look better in the 2nd half. I think he'll be an annoyance for a lot of other teams.

I wish Norris got more minutes. Was hoping to see what he could do. In the few minutes he played, he looked more raw than I was hoping.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Amin did look better in the 2nd half. I think he'll be an annoyance for a lot of other teams.

I wish Norris got more minutes. Was hoping to see what he could do. In the few minutes he played, he looked more raw than I was hoping.
It's the "good" problem to have, too many players not enough minutes. White will be back against Portland State. Okoro did very well in his first appearance. Will the minutes switch between his and Norris against the Vikings?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Ex: Western Oregon @ Oregon (Nov 1 Thursday 7 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Not a terrible game, but not overly impressive. Offensively Bol’s potential is limitless, shoot he could almost be like Durant 2.0! Only thing he needs to work on is not standing straight up when posting up on someone, plant those foot and get a wide stance. Caused him to awkwardly stumble a couple times and even fall once. Got bailed out by what I thought were some bad foul calls on Western too. I’m sure that’s being addressed though.

As for defense, gosh Wooten is amazing, dare I say better than Bell? He seems to have the same timing and nose for blocks that Bell had but with a little more explosiveness in his jumps. He’s gonna have a lot of blocks this year! Like others have said, Okoro is outstanding! His defensive and rebounding instincts are very high. I can’t remember single time when he was out of position, it was fun watching him. He’ll be huge off the bench for us. Bol has some work to do, he NEVER gets a body on someone, just stands and waits for the ball and because of that he did give up a few offensive rebounds. However in his defense he was out on the perimeter way more than he usually will be cause the backup guards who were forced to play heavy minutes did not do a good job with perimeter defense. But Bol does need to improved defensively with that zone and get a body on someone when a shot goes up.

But darn I’m excited for this team! I really think if Troy Brown came back we’d be a Final Four team, does feel like we’re lacking depth on the backcourt which could hurt us a little this season, so it’s unfortunate we don’t have one more solid perimeter guy. But this will be a fun team to watch, especially Point Center Bol Bol!

Also credit to Western Oregon, they played a great game and they look very very good for a Div II team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk