2K Classic: Syracuse vs Oregon (Nov 16 Friday 1:30 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: 2K Classic: Syracuse vs Oregon (Nov 16 Friday 1:30 PM ES

Post by bigsugarduck »

greenyellow wrote:Wooten just posterized someone on a lob from Pritchard.
I love it when he is one but what is up with his hands/focus? Bobbles about 1/4 passes and misses rebounds that come right at him...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Much better overall performance from Oregon on all fronts. Much better ball movement and shooting on offense and a lot of intensity on defense. I know Syracuse was missing one of their better players today, but that should be a really good BB team by year's end.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Unstoppabol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Well, that was fun.

Absolutely have a man-crush on Will Richardson's game.

Going to be an inconsistent year with all these young guys, but sky is the limit once King is back too.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

wepto wrote:First time seeing Bol Bol play. Wow. He is so quick for 7'2" and he can shoot, block shots and rebound. Who was rated higher than him coming out of HS?
The 3 kids from Duke who might end up going 1-2-3 in the draft.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

RJ Barrett beat Team USA single-handedly with Team Canada. He's the best prospect in years.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

GrantDuck wrote:Well, that was fun.

Going to be an inconsistent year with all these young guys, but sky is the limit once King is back too.
On another site I said that Will Richardson would be a taller version of Casey Benson. His handles seem to be even better than Casey's but they both have such heads for the game and the lefty stroke that's good enough to be a threat from deep.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It was impressive to see the Ducks rebound from such a disappointing performance on the road, against a team that also lost badly the night before. So far, its important for the Ducks to have Pritchard & Wooten at least participate in the game for them to have a chance at winning.
Richardson is fun to watch and Amin & Bol were the standouts of the tournament. Everybody has noted that the turnovers are the glaring problem, and most of them are sloppy passes, so should be able to correct as the offense becomes tighter.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Odd trivia: As of right now, this part of the Ducks own official website has Syracuse winning the game:

https://goducks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

AshlandDuck wrote:

On another site I said that Will Richardson would be a taller version of Casey Benson. His handles seem to be even better than Casey's but they both have such heads for the game and the lefty stroke that's good enough to be a threat from deep.
Dare I say that Richardson is a "more athletic", Benson.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Okay, this takes a bit of the hurt away from last night's loss, Iowa 91 UCONN 72.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Merganzer wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:

Do people not like Richardson? He's much better than Benson.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:

Do people not like Richardson? He's much better than Benson.
I think around here, Richardson is thought of very highly. As was said, he has Benson's attributes plus even more athleticism. Benson was a game manager extraordinaire, great assist/turnover ratio, and could nail a 3, take a charge. But even this early, Richardson has a much deeper skill set.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Richardson is going to be awesome. You can just tell.

More better today!!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think Richardson is going to be great, I just think the comparison to Benson is funny. I'd take Richardson right now over Benson as a Sr, that's how much better I think he is
I also think the O flows allot better with him with the ball than it has so far with Prichard.