Green Bay @ #21 Oregon (Tue 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Green Bay @ #21 Oregon (Tue 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Doesn’t help that Green Bay is making fluke threes like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m not a fan of Pritchard calling a clear out only to airball a deep three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks win 83-72. Not the prettiest of games from them but considering UWGB played Iowa tough earlier, they weren't going to be an easy opponent, especially with how well they can shoot it from three.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We looked a bit listless the last ten minutes but credit mainly goes to Green Bay making like 7 shots in a row at one point. Thankfully we withstood their rally.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

This team is just not there yet...
Hopefully they get something going by the time Pac-12 starts. No chemistry, and very disinterested in all of these games.
Might end up like last year and not making the NCAAs.

On a side note, I know everyone was high on Payton coming in, but I still feel like Casey Benson was much smoother with the team.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Defense is elite when engaged.

Offense is a real work in progress and we really need Louis King long term. He's been cleared for team activities per Altman, but it will be a few more weeks before he plays, and at least a couple months probably before he is at a high level.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

This team has a massive fatal flaw in that nobody not named Pritchard can create shots for other guys. Will Richardson looks the part and could certainly develop but isn’t close yet. IMO, this season rides on Louis King being the real deal and/or Richardson becoming a capabale off guard/backup PG type that can play in Pritchard’s stead. It’s cool as hell to have the makings of a dominant front line but for all that potential dominance at the 3-5, Oregon has a ruptured aorta style downfall at the guard spots.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck24 wrote:This team has a massive fatal flaw in that nobody not named Pritchard can create shots for other guys. Will Richardson looks the part and could certainly develop but isn’t close yet. IMO, this season rides on Louis King being the real deal and/or Richardson becoming a capabale off guard/backup PG type that can play in Pritchard’s stead. It’s cool as hell to have the makings of a dominant front line but for all that potential dominance at the 3-5, Oregon has a ruptured aorta style downfall at the guard spots.
We need another Elgin cook or Dillon brooks or joe young.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

shoparound wrote:This team is just not there yet...
Hopefully they get something going by the time Pac-12 starts. No chemistry, and very disinterested in all of these games.
Might end up like last year and not making the NCAAs.

On a side note, I know everyone was high on Payton coming in, but I still feel like Casey Benson was much smoother with the team.
i liked casey benson, don't get me wrong, but his biggest virtue was not screwing up. he almost never turned the ball over and he was good at removing himself from a play and getting the ball to our scorers. he couldn't do what we ask pritch to do. pritch is asked to do everything benson was but last year and so far this year (at least until someone other than bol emerges) he's also asked to one of our primary scorers.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We looked a bit listless the last ten minutes but credit mainly goes to Green Bay making like 7 shots in a row at one point. Thankfully we withstood their rally.
Yeah they hit a bunch of contested shots, but definitely not the best game for Oregon.

How does Green Bay get 10 offensive rebounds, and Oregon only 4? Our defensive rebounding is so bad. I wanna see Bol put a little more intensity in help defense (so many shots he could potentially block) and defensive rebounding.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oh and our press really didn't phase Green Bay. They barely turned the ball over.

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:We looked a bit listless the last ten minutes but credit mainly goes to Green Bay making like 7 shots in a row at one point. Thankfully we withstood their rally.
Yeah they hit a bunch of contested shots, but definitely not the best game for Oregon.

How does Green Bay get 10 offensive rebounds, and Oregon only 4? Our defensive rebounding is so bad. I wanna see Bol put a little more intensity in help defense (so many shots he could potentially block) and defensive rebounding.
The defensive rebounding is sloppy at times, but 1 thing to keep in mind when just looking at overall numbers...Green Bay had significantly more opportunities to get offensive rebounds. They missed an addition 17 shots. That being said, they did get offensive rebounds on a higher percentage of misses than Oregon, so it's still not great. However, that's part of the story. I like Bol, but he definitely gets lazy on the defensive end. He came in averaging 4 blocks a game, but if he provided help D, I think he could average 6+. He also doesn't box out well or hustle after balls that don't bounce right to him. I don't know if it's lack of conditioning or he's just used to not having to give 100% in high school due to his overwhelming height.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181 ... -bay-83-72

“We are not a very good basketball team,” Altman said. “We have a lot of work to do the next three weeks with a lot of practice time so we need to get better.”
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not to be a negaduck, but doubt we beat Houston. They have a trio shooting lights out and they will be playing their first game in their brand new stadium.

We'd have to be near perfect to pull off that win.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Not to be a negaduck, but doubt we beat Houston. They have a trio shooting lights out and they will be playing their first game in their brand new stadium.

We'd have to be near perfect to pull off that win.
Interesting note, TK. I certainly haven't been paying attention to Houston and only note that they don't even receive any votes in this week's AP or Coaches' polls.

I imagine this Duck team will be pretty inconsistent before conference play begins.