Early Season Standout stats

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Early Season Standout stats

Post by GrantDuck »

-#1 in the nation in block%. We are blocking an ABSURD, 25% of all FG attempts against us. Baylor (who we play) is 2nd at 22%.
- #4 in FG% defense, #6(adjusted for 3 pt %) (we have never been even close to this high, and as some said pre-season, we have a chance to be an ELITE defensive team this season).
- Bol Bol is #5 on Ken Pomeroy's stat based player of the year rankings. Oregon has never had a player in the top 10 since these started around 10 years ago.

-On the negative side, we are 297th in defensive rebounding %. (part of this is blocks that aren't rebounded are considered offensive rebounds, but part is also really bad fundamentals from some of our guys in rebounding).

Too early to go into a deep dive, but I'll have some more when we get near conference play.
maxduck
Senior

Re: Early Season Standout stats

Post by maxduck »

How is block percentage calculated? To me a block percentage of 25% would be 1/4 of all shot attempts and that certainly can't be correct.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

maxduck wrote:How is block percentage calculated? To me a block percentage of 25% would be 1/4 of all shot attempts and that certainly can't be correct.
So according to Go Ducks, we've had 297 FG's and 3PTs attempted against us and blocked 26 of them. Math was never my strong suit in school but that sounds like less than 10%
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

maxduck wrote:How is block percentage calculated? To me a block percentage of 25% would be 1/4 of all shot attempts and that certainly can't be correct.
Block Rate:
Blocked shots / Opp. 2PA

So into tonight we were getting 25% of 2 pt fg attempts. Teams are taking a LOT of 3's against us.