Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: CJ Walker Edit: QUACK!

Post by duckduckgoose »

droop10 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Absurd potential. I think he’s a one and done. He’s that good.
Is there any scenario where King stays? Because Wooten and King if they stay will probably take minutes from him for his first year.
I think Wooten leaves after this year. I was thinking King was a one and done after this year but he’s been injured so who knows. All I know is that you can never have too many athletic forwards that can play.
So far Wooten hasn't shown significant improvement from last year. I haven't looked at the stats, but it does seem he's gotten more disciplined and avoided foul trouble, however his offensive game hasn't shown much improvement. At this point, I'm not certain he'd get drafted earlier than late 2nd round. I could be wrong, and maybe he shows vast improvement as the year goes along, but I don't think it's a certainty that he leaves.
I actually thought Wooten has regressed a bit. He wasn’t getting many blocked shots til last night. He has improved his free throw shooting, but other than that not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Crap. Don't tell me that both Herbert and Wooten have been taking the "regression" pill . . .
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Felt good about him since his visit. Him and Duarte are both studs.

For those talking about Wooten, he had a horrible game against Iowa, other than that he's been solid. He also needs to play with a lower base, rebound, and NOT try to block everything(Jordan Bell didn't learn this until the NCAA tournament his junior season). Offensively, he'll eventually need a 10-12 foot jumper. Guys are just playing completely off of him this year.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If we got Cole Anthony wouldn't that make this class better than last years?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

droop10 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Is there any scenario where King stays? Because Wooten and King if they stay will probably take minutes from him for his first year.
I think Wooten leaves after this year. I was thinking King was a one and done after this year but he’s been injured so who knows. All I know is that you can never have too many athletic forwards that can play.
So far Wooten hasn't shown significant improvement from last year. I haven't looked at the stats, but it does seem he's gotten more disciplined and avoided foul trouble, however his offensive game hasn't shown much improvement. At this point, I'm not certain he'd get drafted earlier than late 2nd round. I could be wrong, and maybe he shows vast improvement as the year goes along, but I don't think it's a certainty that he leaves.
That’s the thing though. He is the player that he is. An extra year in college won’t help much.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Phenom wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
That’s the thing though. He is the player that he is. An extra year in college won’t help much.
I'm not sure that's true. Jump to the NBA, and he may ride a bench, or he could stay and similar to Bell, take a leap between his sophomore and junior year. Bell refined his offensive game, which I think was the difference between him not getting drafted, and being drafted early 2nd round. I'm not even certain his defensive game is at Bell's level at this point in time. I think he certainly has the potential to get there, but he needs some polish. Oddly enough, I feel like he was offensively ahead of Bell his freshman year, but we just haven't seen much improvement between this year and last.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:If we got Cole Anthony wouldn't that make this class better than last years?
It'd be close to the same. I think last year we had two really high level prospects (Top 15 guys), if we were to land Cole, he'd be the only one.

If we finished with Cole AND Stanley, then yes. Best class ever.

According to 247:
2018 class (69.56, Duke was 71.06)
2019 class with Anthony (68.57)
2019 class with Anthony/Stanley (69.59)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I just don't see Wooten as much more than a D league NBA player. He has a below average offensive game, and doesn't rebound great. He's a guy that needs at least 1 more year of college.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

GrantDuck wrote: He also needs to play with a lower base, rebound, and NOT try to block everything(Jordan Bell didn't learn this until the NCAA tournament his junior season).
Interesting theory. It makes no sense and goes against my memory, but interesting.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Both ends of the court!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm trying to find a comparable NBA/Oregon player and drawing a bit of a blank. I want to say he's got the driving/scoring ability of Dillon Brooks with the athleticism of Jordan Bell/Kenny Wooten but I'm sure there are better players to compare him to.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:I'm trying to find a comparable NBA/Oregon player and drawing a bit of a blank. I want to say he's got the driving/scoring ability of Dillon Brooks with the athleticism of Jordan Bell/Kenny Wooten but I'm sure there are better players to compare him to.
A hyper athletic Malik Hairston.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

He is long lean and ultra athletic. So compare him to any starter on North Carolina, Kuntucky, Duke
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I was initially thinking of him as a taller, leaner Andre Iguodala.