Nebraska Omaha @ Oregon (Dec 8, Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Nebraska Omaha @ Oregon (Dec 8, Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

mattc94 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
mattc94 wrote:When King is on the floor it brings the amount of reliable shooters up to exactly one.
Good take when Bol is shooting over 50% from three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D My bad two. But it looks like they are getting some confidenve back. Thank Heavens.
Pritchard was also shooting over 50% from three until he had a rough game at Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought he was going to turn it up this year. But sometimes he just doesn't look comfortable. Not surprised Richardson is getting more time with the ball. Still Pritchards stats are pretty decent.
Bailey has been money from the3 point line too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Best stat of the night for me is only allowing 2 offensive rebounds. Nebraska-Omaha is a bad rebounding team...but it's a step forward.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:Anyone else notice how much better Pritchard was last night with Richardson on the floor the majority of the game? He only scored 7 points, but he had 7 assists and 0 turnovers.

That lineup of Pritchard and Richardson at the 1-2 is awesome because they are interchangeable and both a threat to score from anywhere on the floor. Once King moves into the starting lineup, we will have 4 legit scorers in Pritchard, Richardson, King, and Bol. I think this team will turn the corner in about a month.

Bailey and Kigab should be first guard / post of the bench.

Altman is going to shorten the bench before conference play, and if I were White or Okoro right now, I would be pretty nervous. Those guys better make a big jump in the next couple of games or they are going to be riding pine during conference play.
As PP himself noted, Villanova has had a lot of success with 2 primary ball handlers the last few seasons.

At least White hit his open shots yesterday. He's useful for that and some rebounds/taking charges off the bench. Just needs to move his feet/not reach on defense.
duckwatcher
High School Drop Out

Post by duckwatcher »

Have to temper things a bit due to quality of competition but I think the changes are good. I think Kigab and Bailey can be far more productive than White and Amin if given the same opportunity and the ability to play through a mistake. I did not understand the long stretch with PP, Richardson, and Amin. I can see of no real need for those three to be on the floor at the same time. Coach Altman keeps stressing energy, rebounding , and defense. Outside of Bol, Wooten, and Pritchard and perhaps King now who are clearly the best players he needs to play those that fit that criteria (Bailey, Kigab ). Richardson gives them the break down type guard they need. That is a nice rotation, though he seems determined to play White and Amin who have yet to consistently produce despite ample opportunity.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duckwatcher wrote:Have to temper things a bit due to quality of competition but I think the changes are good. I think Kigab and Bailey can be far more productive than White and Amin if given the same opportunity and the ability to play through a mistake. I did not understand the long stretch with PP, Richardson, and Amin. I can see of no real need for those three to be on the floor at the same time. Coach Altman keeps stressing energy, rebounding , and defense. Outside of Bol, Wooten, and Pritchard and perhaps King now who are clearly the best players he needs to play those that fit that criteria (Bailey, Kigab ). Richardson gives them the break down type guard they need. That is a nice rotation, though he seems determined to play White and Amin who have yet to consistently produce despite ample opportunity.
White is a question, It's hard to say what positives he brings to the team on the floor. He doesn't rebound or play defense well, and he's so slow to get a shot up, that he's really no help inside. So, he isn't really effective as a starter, and is exactly the wrong type of player to have coming off the bench.
Amin had a high scoring game early in the season, 25. But that came in one of the team's worse performances, Iowa. He came in as the steals leader, but hasn't shown that talent as a Duck. He could find a spot as the season moves on, but his minutes are better used on other players.