WBB #3 Oregon @ Michigan State (Dec.9 Sun. 12:00 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB #3 Oregon @ Michigan State (Dec.9 Sun. 12:00 PM ESPN2)

Post by Merganzer »

Oregon 7-0
Michigan St. 6-1
maxduck
Senior

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ Michigan State (Dec.9 Sun. 12:00 PM ESPN

Post by maxduck »

MSU with a 17-2 run to end the half leads 46-39. Oregon is sloppy with the ball and the Spartans are unconscious from three point land.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Spartans 88 Ducks 82.
The way its been with the Ducks lately is if the opponent can handle Hebard they have a chance. The Spartans did...and come away with the W. Hebard finished with 10 points. She attempted only 10 shots from the floor, and had no free throws. Michigan St shot 57.6 from the field, 57.1 on 3's and 70.6 on free throws, Oregon was 46.5, 40,0 & 80.0, On the free throws, MS was 12-17 and Oregon was 4-5. Ionescu finished with a season high, 29.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Michigan State was just deeper and shot the ball better. Also the battled Hebard down low and were relentless attacking inside.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Oregon, and West Coast teams in general. need to get tougher and more physical in the middle. Last year we saw Notre Dame abuse the Ducks in the paint, today MSU did the same.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

maxduck wrote:Oregon, and West Coast teams in general. need to get tougher and more physical in the middle. Last year we saw Notre Dame abuse the Ducks in the paint, today MSU did the same.
We can thank whistle happy Pac-12 refs for that, another reason to fire Larry Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

What did the rebounds look like?

That's where ND clobbered Oregon last year. Satou played really soft in the rebounding department.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
maxduck wrote:Oregon, and West Coast teams in general. need to get tougher and more physical in the middle. Last year we saw Notre Dame abuse the Ducks in the paint, today MSU did the same.
We can thank whistle happy Pac-12 refs for that, another reason to fire Larry Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it goes back decades. Before the NCAA included women's sports I saw the AIAW women's final 4 in Eugene during the early 80's. The difference between the style of Old Dominion, Tennessee, and Louisiana Tech (the reigning powerhouse at the time) and the west rep USC was dramatic, sort of like the the gap between touch and tackle football.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

This makes me worried about the tournament if we can't improve in physicality. Yes ND ripped us in that game. I look over the other side and it looks like OSU is trying to solve that issue too with much more physical and tall players in their roster.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Oregon doesn’t play a lick of defense, period. I don’t know if they’re afraid to get hit in the mouth or what, but MSU had their way with the ladies in the paint. Sabally was really poor on a couple of shots at point blank range in the 4th quarter. She didn’t even contest the shots. They better figure it out quick. The rest of the Pac has been watching how to beat us with physicality.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

nogerO wrote:Oregon doesn’t play a lick of defense, period. I don’t know if they’re afraid to get hit in the mouth or what, but MSU had their way with the ladies in the paint. Sabally was really poor on a couple of shots at point blank range in the 4th quarter. She didn’t even contest the shots. They better figure it out quick. The rest of the Pac has been watching how to beat us with physicality.
Yea, this was more my thought. Oregon doesn't really play defense at all.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

StevensTechU wrote:
nogerO wrote:Oregon doesn’t play a lick of defense, period. I don’t know if they’re afraid to get hit in the mouth or what, but MSU had their way with the ladies in the paint. Sabally was really poor on a couple of shots at point blank range in the 4th quarter. She didn’t even contest the shots. They better figure it out quick. The rest of the Pac has been watching how to beat us with physicality.
Yea, this was more my thought. Oregon doesn't really play defense at all.
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2018/1 ... tball.html

"They made a layup, they shot a wide open 3, or we fouled them. That was basically the whole game," Oregon coach Kelly Graves said. "We just kind of went through the motions defensively. We're not a very good defensive team anyway, and when you play with that kind of effort, that's what's going to happen."