San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DEC 12 (WED) 7:00 PM PT
SAN DIEGO
TV: PAC-12 NETWORKS

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by GrantDuck »

Should end up being a quadrant 2 win, if we can win...possibly quadrant 1 if they knock off Gonzaga at some point.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

The University of San Diego Toreros (= bullfighters) are a good team. They've beaten Colorado, nearly beat UW in Seattle, and beat most of the teams they "should" beat pretty convincingly. If the Ducks don't come out aggressive and confident, they could very easily lose this game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bol and King will combine for 50+ points and Oregon wins by double digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

USD has 5 players that are 6'9" or taller. We better be ready to box out and crash the boards, or it is going to be a long night.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Bol and King will combine for 50+ points and Oregon wins by double digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oregon will have to play very well for this to happen. This USD team is veteran and has three skilled playmakers who will keep USD in it. I'm expecting a little closer game: Oregon wins 78 - 72.
duckwatcher
High School Drop Out

Post by duckwatcher »

I find Coach Altman's pre game press conference unsettling as he downplays the changes and in particular the impact of Bailey and Kigab last game while highlighting how well the Seniors played in coming off the bench. I fear much like last year he is determined that the Senior players will play and continues to provide them opportunities while never consistently giving young players consistent minutes. I am very confident that both Kigab, Bailey and Richardson are capable of making a greater contribution that White and Amin provided they receive an endorsement from the head coach and the opportunity to play through some errors.

Think about Troy Brown last year who played major league minutes regardless of mistakes and production. 5 star guys getting 5 star treatment. The same could not be said for Bailey and Kigab who rarely see the floor for longer than 3 to 4 minutes at a time and are even subbed out when producing.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckwatcher wrote:I find Coach Altman's pre game press conference unsettling as he downplays the changes and in particular the impact of Bailey and Kigab last game while highlighting how well the Seniors played in coming off the bench. I fear much like last year he is determined that the Senior players will play and continues to provide them opportunities while never consistently giving young players consistent minutes. I am very confident that both Kigab, Bailey and Richardson are capable of making a greater contribution that White and Amin provided they receive an endorsement from the head coach and the opportunity to play through some errors.

Think about Troy Brown last year who played major league minutes regardless of mistakes and production. 5 star guys getting 5 star treatment. The same could not be said for Bailey and Kigab who rarely see the floor for longer than 3 to 4 minutes at a time and are even subbed out when producing.
Only rebuttal I have to this is it's very possible DA is just trying different rotation and subbing patterns. I'd like to think by the time we hit January, we will see a more steady rotation and not taking guys out so frequently.

I find the frequent subbing hurtful, as it doesn't allow players to get into a rhythm (and/or stay in a rhythm).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It's absolutely wrong that Paul White gets in before Victor Bailey Jr. VJ has been our most efficient offensive player.

WTF is wrong with Dana?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I swear if I see Wooten jump wildly at one more rebound and not box out.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I don't get it. They look like they turned the corner last week. They were running their offense. Defense was effective. Now they look like s*** again.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

About 4-5 awful calls against the ducks already...pac-12 refs in fine mid season form. The one where the SD player just gave the forearm shiver to King was ridiculous.

That last "offensive foul" on Pritchard was called by the outside ref and was completely wrong.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Same fucking ref calls an obnoxious call on the ground against Amin.

About a 10 point advantage by the refs.

crowd is also..woof...
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Why does Paul White play?!?! :|