Paul White

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Paul White

Post by droop10 »

I've been pretty critical of White's play this season, but I'm wondering if what's been happening off the court is affecting his on the court play. While I think he's only got the skillset to be a role player anyway, it does feel like he's taken a step back this year. Definitely feel for the guy, and hopefully basketball can help him cope with all that's been going on in his personal life.

https://www.registerguard.com/sports/20 ... hometown/1
Last edited by droop10 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Paul White

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya that's some big time bummer stuff. Can't image how hard it'd be to focus. Hopefully he gets it together soon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Wow, had no idea how rough these times are for him. I’m sure it’s affecting him on the court. Hopefully he finds the emotional healing that’s needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

That's terrible. I am certain the team rallies around him to give him the support he needs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

After he missed the WOU game due to having attend a funeral, I always kinda wondered about what kind of headspace he was in. Throw in the difficulties the team was having early in the season and I do think he was pressing a bit in his starting role. That's sort of why I've been wary of criticizing him so harshly.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya I had no idea about that, I have been critical of his game but now understand why maybe he's been struggling, tough to hear about.
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

thomas time wrote:ya I had no idea about that, I have been critical of his game but now understand why maybe he's been struggling, tough to hear about.
Regardless what I might think of his play at times this puts things in perspective. He has always appeared to be a solid kid and a great teammate.