Oregon @ Baylor (Friday 4 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Baylor (Friday 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by maxduck »

Four offensive rebounds (3 for Wooten) to Baylor's eleven. Out rebounded 33-18. Isn't the primary factor in that stat effort and desire?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

maxduck wrote:Four offensive rebounds (3 for Wooten) to Baylor's eleven. Out rebounded 33-18. Isn't the primary factor in that stat effort and desire?
Its indicative of what team Paul White plays for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Tray Dub wrote:Honest question, do you guys think we'll make the NCAA tournament? (I wish I could make a poll in a reply.)

Nope. I really don't think Altman has figured out a way to effectively coach these guys. They may have individual talent but there's no cohesiveness or execution.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Tray Dub wrote:Honest question, do you guys think we'll make the NCAA tournament? (I wish I could make a poll in a reply.)
Uh, NO. I would say to play the younger guys, but they already are.
Last edited by Everythingsducky on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I don’t see that happening unless we win the conference tournament. That seems crazy to say this early, but people are already saying the PAC-12 may be a one-bid league. This loss certainly didn’t help the conference any. If ASU wins the conference and a different wins the conference tourney, they may get two in the dance.

On the bright side, the defense is actually half way decent the majority of the time. If Altman can fix the offense they may be competitive at some point. Hopefully that happens before the conference tournament. At this point, even 14 or 15 wins in conference play probably won’t be good enough because they will still only likely have one (Syracuse) or two (if they can beat ASU) wins against tourney bound teams.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Altman has a great history, every year, of bringing in at least one amazing plug and play, difference making transfer. This year, nada.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Tough game.

-Need to get healthy
-Paul White continues to be useless, no idea why Altman plays him so many minutes.
-Offense without Bol continues to be awful. Richardson/King/VJ need to step up.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:King isn’t looking as good as advertised also, he looks pretty bad. King, White, and Pritchard are a combined 1 of 18 while the rest of the team is a combined 7 of 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King didn't play basketball for almost a year. Give him until late February to judge his game. At least he plays hard, unlike Paul white.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

What is strange, like someone here said, is that Altman has done great with transfer players who were one and done.
Freshman players though, seems to be having a hard time making the team gel well.

Still don't know why I got blasted for saying they may not make the tournament when they clearly in trouble if they don't get better during P12 play.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

shoparound wrote:What is strange, like someone here said, is that Altman has done great with transfer players who were one and done.
Freshman players though, seems to be having a hard time making the team gel well.

Still don't know why I got blasted for saying they may not make the tournament when they clearly in trouble if they don't get better during P12 play.
The significance of the transfers is the quality of experience they brought to the table.

DA caught lightning in a bottle with the leadership and chemistry several of these players possessed.

Against a team like Baylor, it doesn't help at the end of the game if your players are getting mugged and the team can't adjust to it.

There were a couple of "steals" there where Duck players got mauled. Almost looked like PAC12 refs.
Last edited by woundedknees on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

woundedknees wrote:
There were a couple of "steals" there where where Duck players got mauled. Almost looked like PAC12 refs.
The full court press muggings followed by the briefest hand-check/block fouls always get me to chuckle, or when a guy bear hugs a player and they call jump ball for dual possession.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:Tough game.

-Need to get healthy
-Paul White continues to be useless, no idea why Altman plays him so many minutes.
Would like to see Okoro play more honestly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Tough game.

-Need to get healthy
Would like to see Okoro play more honestly.
Me too. I think he brings something this team lacks.