Oregon @ Boise State (Dec 29 Sat 4:30 PM CBS SN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Boise State (Dec 29 Sat 4:30 PM CBS SN)

Post by ICamel »

UofDuck wrote:I’m almost certain of this; early in the 2nd half, White hit a 3 and O was only awarded 2 pts. It’s was at least 1’ behind the 3 line. The announcers called it a 3 too. It was never corrected. I’ll find on the recording and note the time for others to see it. Weird.
This is what happened. With the score tied 34-34 Boise State was fouled and shooting two free throws. The Bronco player missed the first and made the second but the free throw was added to Oregon's points by the TV crew and showed 35-34 Ducks when it should have been the other way(35 BS vs 34 Ducks). After White made his trey they corrected the score to show 37-35 in Oregon's favor which was accurate at that point in the game.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I wasn't able to see this game. Looking at the box score, I have no idea how we managed to win. We shot 38% from the floor. Pritchard played terrible. Richardson was as close to a statistical non-factor as a guy playing 24 minutes can be. King had another subpar game. Okoro not only has zero offensive skills, but he doesn't block any shots. I have no idea why some people were looking forward to him playing more....with his current skill level, he wouldn't be getting any significant minutes for any decent team in the country that is not besieged by injuries, including the Ducks. Even without Bol and Wooten, I don't know how this team can possibly go an entire game with 0 blocks, but we managed to do it. We also got outrebounded (barely) and outscored at the foul line. Other than that, it looks like we played great.

I guess you can give the Ducks some credit for the steals (+10 steals) and taking care of the ball (+12 in turnovers overall). I would be more inclined to give Oregon credit if I didn't have the unfortunate "pleasure" of watching their other games this season. With that in mind, I am guessing this outcome had more to do with the completely incompetent play of the Broncos on their home court. Considering they lost to Idaho State and the Grand Canyon Antelopes earlier in the season, not terribly surprising.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Good news is the rest of the Pac 12 is just as terrible as Oregon is right now! We should still pick up plenty of wins and at least look respectable against this woeful bunch.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I watched and basically Amin nutted up and played a really good game at both ends which led to the win.

Our defense was actually pretty solid throughout(Pritchard has become a really solid defender), but rebounding still needs work.

Okoro was awful. Just everything is rushed with him right now. Has all the skills, just needs to slow down and stop thinking so much. He's still a very talented kid.

Liked what I saw from Norris tonight.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Everythingsducky wrote:The speculator in me thought he was done once he was in a boot.
I mean, Kigab is in a boot but is coming back next week.

My thought on Bol is still broken foot which can be really tricky..anywhere form 6 weeks to 6 months. Hoping for the best. Good news is no scooter or crutches(yet).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Didn’t have the game on my dish package so didn’t get to see it, but glad we won!!!

Also Thanks for the comments on how the team /players looked.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Finally had a chance to watch the game. Amin and White were both solid. Bailey played a great second half. The first half was hard to watch, the second half gives me hope that the team can turn it on in a weak conference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

For those who missed the game like me.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13