Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: UCLA @ Oregon (Thur 6 PM ESPN)

Post by Everythingsducky »

Just ridiculous.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Absolutely no excuse for this. This team basically went to sleep the last 10 minutes of this game.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Has Pritchard ever gotten a game winning shot? It feels like every close game he tries and misses
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

This is as bad as watching Kents last squads. Altman's teams have become garbage.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94 wrote:This is as bad as watching Kents last squads. Altman's teams have become garbage.
I wouldn't go that far. Those teams were getting absolutely blown out while this team is in games for the most part.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If fans don’t start criticizing Altman now then they never wil. Not saying fire him but his coaching this year and last year have not been up to the standard he set for the program, and I’m sure he’d even admit that. I know in the past fans wanted to blame players for choking games by playing timid and slow late to allow a comeback but with it happening with so many different teams it has to be Altman coaching not to lose.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Sort of obvious the legs are done there at the end...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Everythingsducky
Senior

OregonFan4Life wrote:If fans don’t start criticizing Altman now then they never wil. Not saying fire him but his coaching this year and last year have not been up to the standard he set for the program, and I’m sure he’d even admit that. I know in the past fans wanted to blame players for choking games by playing timid and slow late to allow a comeback but with it happening with so many different teams it has to be Altman coaching not to lose.
Need to relax. Terrible loss, but when you only have 8 players, you aren’t going to win many games. And the Ducks are going to lose a bunch of games. Just have to deal with it this year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Everythingsducky wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:If fans don’t start criticizing Altman now then they never wil. Not saying fire him but his coaching this year and last year have not been up to the standard he set for the program, and I’m sure he’d even admit that. I know in the past fans wanted to blame players for choking games by playing timid and slow late to allow a comeback but with it happening with so many different teams it has to be Altman coaching not to lose.
Need to relax. Terrible loss, but when you only have 8 players, you aren’t going to win many games.
I get that but Oregon shouldn’t get owned by average players like Tinkle and give up such big second half leads, they’ve been doing that for a while now. Again, I’m not saying fire Altman or anything crazy like that, but this Oregon team should be doing better this season even with the injuries.
Everythingsducky
Senior

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Need to relax. Terrible loss, but when you only have 8 players, you aren’t going to win many games.
I get that but Oregon shouldn’t get owned by average players like Tinkle and give up such big second half leads, they’ve been doing that for a while now. Again, I’m not saying fire Altman or anything crazy like that, but this Oregon team should be doing better this season even with the injuries.
How so? Without King for many games to start the season (dude didn’t play in a game for a year), lost Bol and 20 points, almost 10 boards, lose the only other rim protector in Wooten for who know how many weeks...team is just snake bitten. Have a hard time blaming Altman, the best coach this team has had in years.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I wish Altman would go back to relying on JC's and transfers for the bulk of his squad. He's not Fran McCaffrey developing a squad for several years but he's not Calipari either. The system he brought with him from Creighton worked well in building a program so just keep it. Don't try to be the championship coach you're really not.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't know what the thinking was at the end of the game. For much of the 2nd half, they were aggressively attacking UCLA's zone and getting easy buckets. Then they just started passing the ball around and milking the clock, taking forced shots at the end of shot clocks. That also resulted in Oregon's defense relaxing and going to cr*p. Just a tough loss to swallow.
Everythingsducky
Senior

mattc94 wrote:I wish Altman would go back to relying on JC's and transfers for the bulk of his squad. He's not Fran McCaffrey developing a squad for several years but he's not Calipari either. The system he brought with him from Creighton worked well in building a program so just keep it. Don't try to be the championship coach you're really not.
That is ridiculous. How many Oregon coaches have gotten farther than Dana? He has the coaching chops to be a championship coach. Everyone picked UO to win the Pac12 this year. Massive injuries to the most important players don’t mean the coach sucks. Done with that conversation. Get over it. Sh*t happens. Get some perspective.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:
mattc94 wrote:I wish Altman would go back to relying on JC's and transfers for the bulk of his squad. He's not Fran McCaffrey developing a squad for several years but he's not Calipari either. The system he brought with him from Creighton worked well in building a program so just keep it. Don't try to be the championship coach you're really not.
That is ridiculous. How many Oregon coaches have gotten farther than Dana? He has the coaching chops to be a championship coach. Everyone picked UO to win the Pac12 this year. Massive injuries to the most important players don’t mean the coach sucks. Done with that conversation. Get over it. Sh*t happens. Get some perspective.
But ever since that Final Four team, he's had teams that were built like patchwork instead of cohesive units where he had the same core players for a couple seasons. Even the previous teams that went to the Tournament, they had veterans who'd been around enough to help out the younger players. This team is getting almost nothing from its supposed leaders. Much of this falls on Altman failing to recruit players who actually stuck it out long enough to become veterans.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
I am just saying, his most consistent teams were a good combination of experienced collegiate players that could fit in quickly and incoming freshmen. In going after so many one and dones, his squads might have lost some of their effectiveness. A player like Joseph Young, Chris Boucher or Arsalan Kazemi could often times be the one player that solidified a lineup.