Orangemen beat Dook

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Orangemen beat Dook

Post by GrantDuck »

Just watching that game and watching Barrett struggle against them...the people saying Bol wasn't an elite player are just flat morons when it comes to basketball knowledge. He dominated that cuse team.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Orangemen beat Dook

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bol should be the #1 pick, RJ and Zion are overrated and are so highly regarded because they play for Duke.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Bol should be the #1 pick, RJ and Zion are overrated and are so highly regarded because they play for Duke.
If Zion ran into Bol I think Bol might be out for 3 months.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Don't think Barrett or Zion are overrated, just overexposed, because of Duke. Man, am I glad we spanked Dook a couple years back.

Reddish is overrated, however.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Bol should be the #1 pick, RJ and Zion are overrated and are so highly regarded because they play for Duke.
Ah, and this is why recruits go to Duke, or Kentucky, Kansas. The exposure, after a couple of pre-season games, Zion & Barrett were proclaimed to be NBA Draft#1 & #2,the comparisons are being made to LeBron & Harden respectively. Zion was talked about early mostly just because of his size and dunks, but he has a good overall game, but he doesn't have handles like James, and I'm not really seeing Harden in Barrett, but he is good, and we'll continue to see them every week.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What some people are overlooking are Reddish was suffering from flu-like symptoms and they were without PG Tre Jones, who sat out because of a shoulder injury. At full strength, I don't think Duke loses to Syracuse.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

greenyellow wrote:What some people are overlooking are Reddish was suffering from flu-like symptoms and they were without PG Tre Jones, who sat out because of a shoulder injury. At full strength, I don't think Duke loses to Syracuse.
Yeah, without Tre Jones they don't have the same defensive intensity. Don't think Reddish would have mattered, he chucks a lot of bad shots and turns it over a lot.

More than a transitive property thing, I just wanted to say how average Barrett(who is very good) looked against them, while Bol looked unstoppable. People on here(and moreso Oregon "fans" on Twitter/social media) trashing Bol just got under my skin a bit. Dude was awesome when he played.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:What some people are overlooking are Reddish was suffering from flu-like symptoms and they were without PG Tre Jones, who sat out because of a shoulder injury. At full strength, I don't think Duke loses to Syracuse.
Yeah, without Tre Jones they don't have the same defensive intensity. Don't think Reddish would have mattered, he chucks a lot of bad shots and turns it over a lot.

More than a transitive property thing, I just wanted to say how average Barrett(who is very good) looked against them, while Bol looked unstoppable. People on here(and moreso Oregon "fans" on Twitter/social media) trashing Bol just got under my skin a bit. Dude was awesome when he played.
Who the heck trashed Bol and why?

And Duck07, you could say the same thing about a lot of players, like Kevin Durant. Zion is a freak athlete and will have a solid NBA career, but he's not Charles Barkley 2.0 like so many are saying. Meanwhile with Bol's length, height, skillset, and shooting abilities, with a little extra meat and improved footwork and ball handling, he can absolutely be Kevin Durant 2.0. From what I've heard, Bol was the hardest working player on the team this year before his injury, I have 0 doubt that Bol will be an NBA star and the best player out of this year's draft, I'd bet a lot on it actually. Not being extremely biased (but a little of course since I'm a duck fan), but with what today's NBA is becoming, Bol is the most equipped to succeed. We've seen players like Zion and RJ, but we've never seen players like Bol, and his skillset is PERFECT to combine with the new NBA of today to be an NBA star.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
And Duck07, you could say the same thing about a lot of players, like Kevin Durant. Zion is a freak athlete and will have a solid NBA career, but he's not Charles Barkley 2.0 like so many are saying. Meanwhile with Bol's length, height, skillset, and shooting abilities, with a little extra meat and improved footwork and ball handling, he can absolutely be Kevin Durant 2.0. From what I've heard, Bol was the hardest working player on the team this year before his injury, I have 0 doubt that Bol will be an NBA star and the best player out of this year's draft, I'd bet a lot on it actually. Not being extremely biased (but a little of course since I'm a duck fan), but with what today's NBA is becoming, Bol is the most equipped to succeed. We've seen players like Zion and RJ, but we've never seen players like Bol, and his skillset is PERFECT to combine with the new NBA of today to be an NBA star.
There is no way at all that Bol could ever be Kevin Durant. None whatsoever. He's going to end up like Greg Oden in that his body will break down despite the skills he has. He might be 3 inches taller but the difference in their bodies and their ability to move on the court against NBA players is where Bol is going to struggle mightily.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
There is no way at all that Bol could ever be Kevin Durant. None whatsoever. He's going to end up like Greg Oden in that his body will break down despite the skills he has. He might be 3 inches taller but the difference in their bodies and their ability to move on the court against NBA players is where Bol is going to struggle mightily.
We'll have to agree to disagree, because what people are saying about Bol is what I remember hearing about KD, and he's having a great career. Bol's foot injury sucks and may not be the best sign but it was more bad luck than his body type. Bol moves a lot smoother than Oden ever did too and is very coordinated for his height/length. I am very confident Bol will be an NBA star but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:Don't think Barrett or Zion are overrated, just overexposed, because of Duke. Man, am I glad we spanked Dook a couple years back.

I do think they'll both have solid NBA careers but I've heard people give crazy comparisons for them, like LeBron James and people saying Zion is already better than Charles Barkley, and it's not just a few people saying that. To those comparisons I absolutely think these guys are overrated.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Think it's fair to say Bol isn't KD, but he does some things that the only guy that size I've seen do those things is KD(and Bol is actually bigger).

That said, way too hard to project big men these days in terms of injury. Oden was strong and never had any injuries outside of a finger injury prior to the Blazers drafting him. Embiid was pretty thin and had major foot issues and has become strong as an ox and one of the best bigs in the league.

Some stuff is obvious that NBA GM's do miss(like Luka being the best player in last year's draft), but big men injury projection...I'm not even sure where to begin on that.

If Bol stays healthy(relatively) the next 10 years, you're clearly looking at a multiple time NBA all-star. He will certainly be a liability on defense early in his career, but he'll figure that out. Clearly wants to be a great player.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Don't think Barrett or Zion are overrated, just overexposed, because of Duke. Man, am I glad we spanked Dook a couple years back.

I do think they'll both have solid NBA careers but I've heard people give crazy comparisons for them, like LeBron James and people saying Zion is already better than Charles Barkley, and it's not just a few people saying that. To those comparisons I absolutely think these guys are overrated.
The "Duke could beat an NBA team" and "Zion is better than Barkley" is just stupid fan chatter.

I do think Zion could be an NBA all-timer though, he's going to walk into the league day 1, as a 19 year old, with better physical gifts than the vast majority of the league. Reminds me most of Shawn Kemp(but not a knucklehead).

...and I could see RJ developing into a Paul Pierce type player..