Bol Bol Question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Bol Bol Question

Post by northbeachsf »

Is there any chance he stays? It sounds like he is still with the team and taking classes. I noticed he is dropping on the mock draft boards and is showing up in the late teens in some places. If there is a chance that he is not a lotto pick, does he keep his options open and consider a return to Oregon for one more year?

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Duck24
Senior

Re: Bol Bol Question

Post by Duck24 »

northbeachsf wrote:Is there any chance he stays? It sounds like he is still with the team and taking classes. I noticed he is dropping on the mock draft boards and is showing up in the late teens in some places. If there is a chance that he is not a lotto pick, does he keep his options open and consider a return to Oregon for one more year?

I can’t find anywhere that he has signed with an agent so seemingly, it’s possible but his statement was pretty definitive that his Oregon career was over.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:Is there any chance he stays? It sounds like he is still with the team and taking classes. I noticed he is dropping on the mock draft boards and is showing up in the late teens in some places. If there is a chance that he is not a lotto pick, does he keep his options open and consider a return to Oregon for one more year?

I can’t find anywhere that he has signed with an agent so seemingly, it’s possible but his statement was pretty definitive that his Oregon career was over.
It would have to take something wrong in his recovery for him to likely come back and he doesn't have that long before the draft comes around.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I don’t think there’s any chance. IF he is hurt, he still will likely be a late first rounder. But if he comes back and is still out hurt he will be red flagged.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Athletic now has him as the 21st pick in their mock draft.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Let's say, a 2% chance, maybe less.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:Let's say, a 2% chance, maybe less.
But you're saying there's a chance...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Assuming there's no red flags and he drops out of the 1st round... there's not a real significant financial difference on were he's taken. You're always better off getting to that 2nd contract 1+ years sooner.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

NBA draft is different than any other sports. Apparently even if you are not taken it's better to leave school if you an ounce of potential or hype on you.

With that said this team is in a hurry to get this season over with already, Bol has no reason to even want to be here.