WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by Merganzer »

Go Ducks
Last edited by Merganzer on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB # Oregon @ # Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by nogerO »

Going to be a good test on the road. We should start a pool about who’s going to lead us in scoring. What a luxury to have 7-8 players who can all get their shots and score in double digits most nights.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:Going to be a good test on the road. We should start a pool about who’s going to lead us in scoring. What a luxury to have 7-8 players who can all get their shots and score in double digits most nights.
Okay, I'll bite! I'll take Boley for 26. I think Stanford will sell out to stop Ionescue, Sabally and Hebard.....which means easy shots for Boley all night. If they play off Cazorla, she will shred them mercilessly too...love how she automatically drives for easy layups if the opponent takes a moment off.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:Going to be a good test on the road. We should start a pool about who’s going to lead us in scoring. What a luxury to have 7-8 players who can all get their shots and score in double digits most nights.
Okay, I'll bite! I'll take Boley for 26. I think Stanford will sell out to stop Ionescue, Sabally and Hebard.....which means easy shots for Boley all night. If they play off Cazorla, she will shred them mercilessly too...love how she automatically drives for easy layups if the opponent takes a moment off.
Those are indeed a pleasure to see!
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by nogerO »

I'm going to guess Sabally for the high point scorer. She was quiet in the Colorado game but steps up in the big games so I'll go with Satou.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

bigsugarduck wrote:
I love Maite's game. I call her the quiet assassin. Just deadly and her facial expression never changes. Great leader sometimes underrated...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Feeling good about this one for some reason. Maybe I'm pretty sure this is a great team we have and very mentally tough. Go ladies! Burn down the trees...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ducks out to 10 point lead 14-4.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Stanford getting some home cooking calls. Pretty common in womens pac-12. Traveling and 3 seconds not being called.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

JUMP Ruthy!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

20-11 Oregon after 1. Oregon's defense has been very good so far.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:Stanford getting some home cooking calls. Pretty common in womens pac-12. Traveling and 3 seconds not being called.
Fortunately only a 3-1 foul margin and we hit our shots to be up 9; they're letting them play rough in the paint and it's worked against us on a few drives and loose balls.

Gonna be a long game.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Too much dribbling into traffic is causing duck turnovers. Pass the ball!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Ducks absolutely smashing Sanford despite lots of help from the refs. 1 foul on Stanford at the half to 8 for Oregon.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bigsugarduck wrote:Ducks absolutely smashing Sanford despite lots of help from the refs. 1 foul on Stanford at the half to 8 for Oregon.
You've never seen a game at Warrenton HS, lol.