WBB #3 Oregon @ California, Friday, 8:00 (Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ California, Friday, 8:00 (Pac-12 Network

Post by shoparound »

duckduckgoose wrote:
rockthief wrote:
shoparound wrote:
rockthief wrote:these women have the fire the men lack
Take out the physical elements and this team has better chemistry, skill, technique, footwork, etc than the men.
No kidding. They press and push and go as a team. It is a blast watching them and their infectious intensity. It must be hell for opposing teams.
You think maybe if the men’s team had a core of one senior and three juniors that have played together for three years, there would be better chemistry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I guess there was no reason at all for anyone to have thought the men's team to be voted as P-12 favorites preseason. Considering this year is our down year.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

shoparound wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
rockthief wrote:
shoparound wrote:
rockthief wrote:these women have the fire the men lack
Take out the physical elements and this team has better chemistry, skill, technique, footwork, etc than the men.
No kidding. They press and push and go as a team. It is a blast watching them and their infectious intensity. It must be hell for opposing teams.
You think maybe if the men’s team had a core of one senior and three juniors that have played together for three years, there would be better chemistry?

Yeah I guess there was no reason at all for anyone to have thought the men's team to be voted as P-12 favorites preseason. Considering this year is our down year.
The men’s team was voted preseason favorites on the basis of a great recruiting class, led by Bol and King. Bol is out and King missed the first month of the season plus all the practice time prior to the season, which is the time most teams get their chemistry and lineups worked out.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Back to the women. Outstanding effort. Composed, unselfish and relentless. Just a joy to watch them dissect the opposing teams defensive strategy. High basketball IQ and Graves is fun to watch. Cazorla is fast becoming one of my favorite players. So smooth and unflappable. Just think how bad this blowout would have been if they called the ticky tack fouls they called on Ruthy were equally enforced on Cal’s bigs. Steely assassins this bunch! Now time to get that Stanford monkey off our back. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine