Re: Cal @ Oregon (Wed 6:30 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Gotta sweep.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Sweep for what? moral dignity at this point? The team's moral looks an awful like 2016 football.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

shoparound wrote:Sweep for what? moral dignity at this point? The team's moral looks an awful like 2016 football.
20 wins. Just looks bad to get anything less than 20 in a year these days.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

shoparound wrote:Sweep for what? moral dignity at this point? The team's moral looks an awful like 2016 football.
Lighten up a bit. Getting 20 wins would still be good accomplishment for this team.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

LOL, nothing like 2016 football. Much more like a year where we had a star QB get injured.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

We're top 65 in the NET rankings, and a nice finish would get us into the NIT. I know, I know, nobody cares about the NIT, but a secondary postseason tournament is still better than going 4-8 in football. This season hasn't been what anybody hoped for, but it's not exactly the trainwreck some of our prima donna fans are making it out to be.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I don't know how closely you've followed these basketball threads in the past, but you'll notice 1 trend. Any time the basketball team loses, it's because they played with no heart. It's not that they just simply have an off game, or that the other team plays better. It's always that the team lacks heart. Given they've lost 9 times this year, imagine how little heart they must have. This team must have quit! It's impossible that it's a young team that is simply inconsistent. They simply just don't care about the game or each other.

We need lower rated guys that aren't as skilled, but have the desire to win. Here's the key though. They have to be good enough their first 2 years in the program to lead our team to a deep tournament run (lest they be accused of lacking heart!), but not good enough that they'll want to leave for the NBA within 2 years. I know that seems like a tall order, but it should be pretty easy to accomplish.

I wish they'd just put in the walk-ons. You know those guys will always play with heart, which should lead the wins to start piling up. They'll probably stick around all 4 years too.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote:I don't know how closely you've followed these basketball threads in the past, but you'll notice 1 trend. Any time the basketball team loses, it's because they played with no heart. It's not that they just simply have an off game, or that the other team plays better. It's always that the team lacks heart. Given they've lost 9 times this year, imagine how little heart they must have. This team must have quit! It's impossible that it's a young team that is simply inconsistent. They simply just don't care about the game or each other.

We need lower rated guys that aren't as skilled, but have the desire to win. Here's the key though. They have to be good enough their first 2 years in the program to lead our team to a deep tournament run (lest they be accused of lacking heart!), but not good enough that they'll want to leave for the NBA within 2 years. I know that seems like a tall order, but it should be pretty easy to accomplish.

I wish they'd just put in the walk-ons. You know those guys will always play with heart, which should lead the wins to start piling up. They'll probably stick around all 4 years too.
IDK, we caused lots of turnovers against Colorado, and held them to poor outside shooting percentages. To me, we just aren't consistent or frankly good on offense, and as a result we lose. Gotta hit shots to win.

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
droop10 wrote:I don't know how closely you've followed these basketball threads in the past, but you'll notice 1 trend. Any time the basketball team loses, it's because they played with no heart. It's not that they just simply have an off game, or that the other team plays better. It's always that the team lacks heart. Given they've lost 9 times this year, imagine how little heart they must have. This team must have quit! It's impossible that it's a young team that is simply inconsistent. They simply just don't care about the game or each other.

IDK, we caused lots of turnovers against Colorado, and held them to poor outside shooting percentages. To me, we just aren't consistent or frankly good on offense, and as a result we lose. Gotta hit shots to win.
That's kind of what I'm insinuating. :) This is a team that just isn't consistent, but you'll see the same couple of guys continually claim the team lacks heart, Altman has lost the team, etc. They are a group of young guys that are still gelling, and need to learn to win. Heck, there have been at least 4 games that could have gone either way, but inexperience in those situations cost them. I think they'll be better for it next season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

That's kind of what I'm insinuating. :) This is a team that just isn't consistent, but you'll see the same couple of guys continually claim the team lacks heart, Altman has lost the team, etc. They are a group of young guys that are still gelling, and need to learn to win. Heck, there have been at least 4 games that could have gone either way, but inexperience in those situations cost them. I think they'll be better for it next season.
Sure, I get ya. I just don't know if I would say the Colorado game was a result of lacking heart. We hustled a lot on defense and I saw effort. I think offensively there was frustration and forced shots, but again dunno if I'd chalk that up to a lack of heart.

But ya it's a weird year. Looking forward to next season already.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Just think, if Bol Bol had stayed healthy, this team likely would be right where the pre-season pundits predicted... or would we?

Who knows how the other guys would have gelled with Bol tending to shoulder the offensive load?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

If Bol were healthy I think we'd be neck-and-neck with Washington. Washington is more or less what people thought we'd be this year -- a borderline(ish) Top 20-25 team piling up wins in an absolute dumpster fire of a conference. A decent team with an inflated W/L record because of said weak sister conference who will need a really great draw to get to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

DUcks should win handily.

Ok, six turnovers already.