NET Rankings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: NET Rankings

Post by UofDuck »

You’re right, 59 won’t likely cut it, but the point was, winning 3 more games should not leave us at 59.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UofDuck wrote:You’re right, 59 won’t likely cut it, but the point was, winning 3 more games should not leave us at 59.
And I am saying that winning three games against WSU (NET 196), Utah (NET 100), and ASU (67), UCLA(118), or Stanford(105) and then losing to the eventual tournament champ will barely move the Ducks up at all, especially in a field where all of the other teams are also playing, and most are playing much higher-ranked teams in their superior conferences. Heck, Oregon will probably drop in the rankings after beating WSU. Even four wins would likely not put them up to the 45 area, they would probably only get in as a 12-seed play-in or 13 seed because it is an automatic bid.

*Edit- The ducks are now at 61, getting passed yesterday by Liberty University, who beat a higher-rated team in their own conference tournament than anyone the ducks will face until a possible final vs. Washington.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I guess time will tell. There will likely be some teams just ahead of us losing early in their tourney’s too.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah I was hoping we'd be around 50 after beating the Washington schools, but that's not the case. Pretty much have to win it all to go dancing. I was hoping getting to the championship game would be enough, but I highly doubt it.

The MAYBE scenario is if ASU lost in their first game and we go to championship game and lose to Washington. If they wanted a 2nd Pac-12 team, we'd probably get the edge of ASU. Still a big IF though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

An update on the earlier point: After wins vs. Washington State, Utah, and Arizona State, the Ducks have gone from 59 to 56 on the NET rankings. I'm guessing that despite an increase in the SOS component, a loss to the Huskies tonight would drop the Ducks a few spots. If the tournaments used the NET ratings as a primary argument for seeding, the Ducks would likely draw a #3 seed in the NIT if they can't get the auto bid.

Tonight is a must win game.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Phalanx wrote:An update on the earlier point: After wins vs. Washington State, Utah, and Arizona State, the Ducks have gone from 59 to 56 on the NET rankings. I'm guessing that despite an increase in the SOS component, a loss to the Huskies tonight would drop the Ducks a few spots. If the tournaments used the NET ratings as a primary argument for seeding, the Ducks would likely draw a #3 seed in the NIT if they can't get the auto bid.

Tonight is a must win game.
Yeesh.... :roll:

In some of the Bubble Watch's they have been talking about Quadrant Wins and losses. Anyone know the story on those for OR?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Going by NET rankings, it's 2-5 in Quad 1, up to 4-4 now in Quad 2, so 6-9 total. If it's based on RPI, it's 6-8. That's not a bad record. One thing I did notice was that almost all of the projected non-bubble tournament teams have no losses in Quad 4. The Ducks have one, ASU has two (one if reckoning by RPI) and UW also has one by RPI. Kind of makes the conference stand out, and not in a good way.

https://bracketresearch.com/team-quadra ... s-tracker/